Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Yarn Along ~ April 2, 2014 & Make 30 Things Day 2

This week, I am excited and fired up to get a lot of projects finished. If you read my post yesterday, you will know that I have joined another blogger in trying to make 30 things in 30 days. For me, this has a lot to do with finishing the projects that I got bored of and set aside. One of those projects happens to be our baby's Christening blanket.

I began crocheting the Tiramisu Blanket pattern from ravelry long before I knew that we were having a girl. I had a hunch that I would get bored of it, but I had never dreamed to have it already finished at this point of my pregnancy. I renamed the blanket. It has been christened with the name, "Rosary Prayer Christening Blanket." It got this name because it has 53 rows (not including the border) and there are 53 Hail Marys in a rosary. It was almost exclusively worked on during my morning rosary. I pray an audio rosary using my iPhone using the Rosary Deluxe Audio App nearly every morning. During this time, I pray and knit, crochet and occasionally sew. I pray the rosary for the person receiving the garment or blanket I am working on. This only works with monotonous aka boring patterns where no concentration on the article is required. I could never knit lace during this time. I couldn't focus on the prayers and that would defeat the purpose entirely.




Mia and I just finished Emily of New Moon and have just begun reading Pat of Silver Bush, both by L.M. Montgomery. I find her L.M. Montgomery class very refreshing. It has introduced us to the Socratic method and has brought about some very interesting conversations both within and outside of her classes.

I am usually so tired by the time I pick up a book, that I generally fall asleep within the first few pages. This is always extreme during my pregnancies. I have take quite a fancy to audio books as of late. Sascha and I have begun listening to The Mysterious Benedict Society. I got the books out of the library for Noah based on a book review that I read on another home school mom's blog. He was blown away. He promptly asked for his own copies as a birthday gift. He has read through the series several times and got his sister hooked on them as well. They are always discussing the antics of the characters and I have only a vague idea of what they are talking about. This prompted Sascha and I to obtain an audio copy from the library to listen to together. Sascha actually made it through the first CD the other night, but I fell asleep after about 5 minutes worth of reading. It was not like it was that late or anything. We went to bed just after the kids settled in at 8:30pm. 

This weeks post is being shared on Ginny's blog as well as Lisa's blog.


#make30 Challenge

5 comments:

  1. Oh gorgeous blanket! And I have been wondering about that book! I might check our the Benedict Society at the library. We could do it as a read aloud, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy Caroline, it would make a wonderful read aloud. I was listening while crafting again and I am loving it. I can see why my kids love it so much.

      Delete
  2. You are truly amazing with your handwork!! We have all the volumes of The Benedict Society and our three oldest ones just adore these books. They have been read and reread so many times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eva. I am afraid that handwork is all that I am good at. Maybe not, but if I don't do something creative almost everyday I go crazy. I am listened further into the audio of The Benedict Society while crafting yesterday. I am hooked just like my kids. Have you read them?

      Delete
    2. No, I haven't read them, they are so thick :). And I bet you have many other fine qualities, just look at all your gardening!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...