Saturday, April 5, 2014

30 Things in 30 Days ~ Day 5

The 30 Things in 30 Days challenge has been great so far. I have finished more in the past few days than I have in months. I have way too many UFO's (unfinished fabric objects). I promise myself that I won't start another projects until some UFO's are finished.

I don't follow my own rules very well because today's projects wasn't a UFO at all. It was a quick project that I started and finished on Thursday in a few hours. I shared a quick picture in my Thankful for Everyday blog post: my bible cover.


The bible cover came together quickly with a mini-charmpack of Scrumptious from Bonnie and Camille. I had to add a strip of fabric in the middle to allow for seam allowances. I covered that with some thrifted lace. My favourite feature is the Japanese cotton labels. I used one for my bible highlighter. I though it was perfect. It says, "I carry your heart with me." It expresses exactly how I feel about my bible. The inside pocket is great for my notes, prayer cards, and scripture reminders. I added four ribbon bookmarks because I always want to remember what I read most recently. They are much nicer and don't fall out like my previous bookmarks (see front inside cover).

Have you thought about joining 30 Things in 30 Days? It's not too late. The blog icon will take you to Lisa's blog and the rules. The rules are simple. You don't have to sew, quilt or do anything fancy. Go look and join in.

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.

#make30 Challenge

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...