Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Yarn Along ~ March 19, 2014

For this week's Yarn Along, I had a tough time deciding what to share. I have been very busy making baby clothing and finally finished off a few of my projects. So instead of leaving anything out, I decided to share all of my finishes and my current work-in-progress.

This is the little Composite vest knit up using some Berrocco Vintage DK from my stash. I started this project before I knew the gender of our baby. I thought is would be neutral enough in this colour, but I think that I might have to make another one in a more girly colour. The hat is Ginny's own pattern for the newborn lace hat. I made it exactly according to the pattern. I hope it fits at the same time that the vest fits. I would definitely knit both of these again.

This is the Puerperium in newborn. This was also made using stash yarn left over from making Owen's Milo. I assumed that we would be having another boy when I began knitting this. We already have four boys, so never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that we would be graced with another girl. After my midwife appointment, we stopped off at Fabricland to buy some buttons. They always have quite a nice selection. These ones in particular caught my husband's eyes. I knew that I wanted something girly, but I didn't have the vest with me. I always have a hard time choosing colours that match. It does come in handy to have a painter and colour-theory expert as a husband. He thought they would go perfectly and now that they are sewn on, I have to agree.

Once again, I am sharing the balloon pants that I am working on for baby. I knit the ribbing flat and joined in the round once I got to the body of the pants. This is a slow and monotonous knit for me. I usually work on these while praying my daily rosary, but this week I was sewing a binding on a quilt instead. I only progressed a little, but the good news is that I still have about four months to finish it.

On the weekend, I was picking up some Miraculous Medals at the Catholic Book Store for a custom order for my Etsy Shop when I saw this book on the shelf. It was on sale, which is always a good thing in my opinion. It is such a pleasant read. I have only read the first few chapters so far, but I love how the author weaves the liturgical seasons into her writing. I also picked up a few other books and and little Easter gifts for the kids' Easter baskets. Isn't that the way it always is, you go in for one thing and come out with your hands full of other stuff. I almost forgot the medals, but I remembered upon bumping into another Catholic mom I knew.

Please stop by Ginny's blog for this weeks' Yarn Along. There are some really great things being created and some great books that I need to add to my list. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love that composite! I am saving that one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...