Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Yarn Along ~ March 12, 2014

It has been a long time since I have joined in on a yarn along. I guess that is because I have a love-hate relationship with knitting. I am great at starting projects, but not so great at finishing them. The only time I really knit a lot is when I am expecting. I love making baby things because they are generally quick on and off the needles. I have a long list of items that I want to make before the next baby is due to arrive at the end of July.

Right now, I am working on the Balloon Baby Pants using Ginny's notes. It gave me an excuse to order from Quince and Co. I have been eyeballing the yarn for a long while, but didn't have a project in mind. The yarn is exquisite and was here in only a week. That is really quick considering that I live in Canada. Now I just have to persevere through the ribbing. Isn't knitting ribbing absolutely monotonous? You are supposed to knit it in the round, but my needles were too long. I will just do the ribbing flat and then work the rest on larger needles (after adding stitches) in the round.

I signed my daughter up for a parent / child online class on Lucy M. Montgomery. We finished reading and discussing Anne of Green Gables and have just begun Emily of New Moon. This book is new to me. It is very different from Anne of Green Gables. I am really enjoying it and learning to use the Socratic method of discussion. It is quite a treat to see my daughter grow in this way. I am very impressed with the points she brings up in class. At first, she was rather timid and felt silly speaking in a microphone with her classmates. Now she feels quite comfortable and enjoys the weekly class.

I must admit, that while I should be there for the duration of the class, I find it hard to be there the whole time. I can sit with her, but I need to keep my hands busy or I go batty. I am only allowed to join in the conversation for the last 20 minutes of class. So, I just sit beside her with my spinning wheel while the little boys play.


I finally took the spinning wheel class and have learned how to use my Ladybug.  I hope to use this yarn for a baby garment. Spinning is very relaxing and challenging. I can't wait to knit this up. Any suggestions? I have about 100g with a length of 92 yards. Something for a baby using a bulky yarn?

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to check and see what everyone is knitting and reading over at Ginny's blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tina. I've never seen a ladybug before. It looks a little intimidating to me! I am a "retired" homeschool mother and have just started knitting/crocheting again. Love your yarn color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy knittng and spinning too:-) We are reading Anne right now, would have loved a class to go along with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...