Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Summer Edition

I haven't been online much this summer. I must admit that I have been rather enjoying the time away. We have been spending our time celebrating birthdays, camping, gardening, blowing bubbles and simply living a quiet life. I have so much to be thankful for.

Thankful that I survived the first 13 years of my little guys life and thankful that I get to be the mom of a wonderful, sweet, and giving teenager.

I am so thankful for my Irish twin boys. It is so fun celebrating double birthdays. Especially when we find a whole crap load of Lego at the thrift store that they can enjoy together.

Thankful that there were tons of sets that we could put together as a family. I am so grateful that there are building guides of every set that Lego ever produced.

This was in the birthday bucket of Lego.

I am so thankful that we were able to get a season's pass for Heritage Park again. It was so much fun going there on the boys' birthday and riding the ferris wheel with my 3 year old. I am still in awe that he it tall enough to go on the rides. I am so thankful that he didn't freak out and that he actually enjoyed the ride with mama.

I am so thankful for my middle kids that are big enough to go on rides by themselves and that they can behave themselves, not scream or cause a scene. There are kids that lose it when they go without their parents and I am amazed at their courage. I probably wouldn't have gone without an adult at their ages.

So thankful that I can enjoy the Merry-Go-Round with my kiddos.

I am also thankful that the Ergo is still going strong after 7 years of service. I was so glad that hubby offered to carry the baby. He is a pudgy baby and very heavy. It gave me the opportunity to go on rides with the kids and to enjoy the park. Thanks hubby.

I am thankful for big brothers who let the little ones take their turn first looking at one of the coolest things in 'his' world.

Who wouldn't be thankful to be able to look into those big blue eyes every day.

And check out those big blue eyes. I am thankful to have this retro daddy as my husband.

Don't we just look groovy in this car? I am thankful for all of the memories.
I am thankful for little breaks that entertain the three year old. I am so thankful that he has so much energy, but also thankful when he is busy without terrorizing everyone. (did I just say that?) I am thankful for this rambunctious little guy. His start to life was scary and we only dreamed that he would be a healthy and happy little guy.

I am so thankful that we don't have to start our car like this old Model T. Have you ever tried cranking one of these babies? You need some serious pipes, I am not kidding you.

I am so thankful that I have gotten some sewing done. This is the I-spy quilt that I made for Mia. It came in so handy when the kids when to camp at our parish. The littles would sit on here and play I-Spy while we waited for Mass to begin. I had to drop the big kids off at 8:15am and Mass was at 9:00am. This even allowed me to slip into adoration with the two. 

I am so thankful that we were able to go camping and that we survived. The mosquitoes were REALLY bad. I am also glad that we didn't kill each other. I like camping and so do half of the kids. The other half and hubby are not such great fans. The half that didn't have so much fun nearly froze. This was probably the worst summer to start camping. The nights have been really cool. The day temps have been below seasonal almost all summer. We could see our breath in the early morning and that is with the heater running all night. This was in JULY not April. But, oh well. We made memories that I am thankful for. The kids met other kids to bike ride with. The other boy had the same name as my oldest and the girl had the same name as my daughter with a slightly different pronunciation. Cool, eh?

I am thankful that my teenager took some pictures of the garden this month. The Mary Garden is doing alright. It has been so rainy and cool that some of the flowers might not even get to bloom this year. I am thankful that it isn't dead, yet. 

I am thankful that there any tomatoes at all. Tomatoes need heat. As long as they grow, I am thankful. We harvested a five gallon bucket of green tomatoes last summer right after an early frost. Day by day, they ripened and we enjoyed home grown tomatoes for about a month.

The zucchini is almost ready to harvest. I am thankful that we even have any. I started the seeds really late this spring. I am also thankful to have found this type of zucchini. It is an heirloom variety called Romanesco and it has a wonderful nutty flavor.

I couldn't me more thankful for this little fort, sandbox and swing set. I am thankful for the hours of endless play it provides. I am thankful for the baby swing's ability to lull the baby to sleep or to keep him entertained while we work in the garden or while we throw a few hoops. I am thankful for the 1 on 1 dates that hubby and I enjoy. 

I am also thankful for the board games and card games that we have enjoyed playing together as a family. I am thankful for the great neighbors that we have and the nice evenings spent enjoying each others' company. I am thankful for the new friendships we have made at camp and at church. I am thankful that this has been a quiet summer so far. 

I want to also thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments. God bless.
Holly Hobbie - friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...