Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thankful Thursday ~ End of Summer Edition

It is nearing the end of summer and I find myself pondering the days gone by. Where did summer go? We are back to school here and life is beginning to settle after the lazy crazy days of summer. There is so much to be thankful for. I often complain about all of the things that I don't accomplish, so this post is a tribute to all that I have managed to finish and do this summer.

 Thankful for weekend camping trips that taught us so much about our family. 

 Thankful for a beautiful garden space.

Thankful for a bountiful harvest and some new additions to the garden, like the cherub bird bath and pebble path.


Thankful for a sweet daughter that planted and cared for our Mary Garden.

Thankful for a fort that got repaired and painted and for sleds that keep the alley cats out.

I can't believe it, but I have a teenager now. This summer marks 13 years since I became a mom. I am so thankful for my teenager and for such a great birthday.
Did I mention that I am thankful for my Irish twins, two boys who share the same birthday. I am so thankful that the older boy is now enjoying sharing a birthday with his younger brother. That was not always the case and that is why this years' birthdays were so much sweeter than ever before. I must also mention that I am very thankful for the charming 8 year old. I struggled during his pregnancy with the fact that I was having number three. After a whole year of trying to conceive, I gave up. I threw in the towel and I was not so happy that God blessed me with another after I had taken a new job that I had to promptly surrender shortly afterward because of complications in the pregnancy. God and I were not on the best of terms then, but God knew that he would be my easy going little fellow. God knew that this little guy's capacity to love was far greater than anything that I had ever experienced and that I needed his love. SO I truly am thankful for my darling son.

Thankful for bubble wands and gallons of bubble solution. I am thankful that everyone was thoroughly entertained and that the bigger kids helped the little guys and blew bubbles for the baby.

Thankful for outdoor naps because there were many. When all else failed, a stroller ride did the trick and brought this stubborn little guy to slumber.

Thankful for group photos. It is so much fun trying to get everyone to look at the same time.

I am so thankful for the opportunity to see my family grow. I am thankful that we moved here and can enjoy having a larger than normal family.

I am thankful for picture collages of growing babies. I shared this collage on Facebook on Adam's birthday. I am so thankful that we have made it through another year and that I had the opportunity to see all of my little ones grow. I am thankful for those big brown eyes. They remind me of what I have in heaven. The eyes of our unborn baby, as small as the baby was had eyes that look just like Adam's.

I am thankful for soccer balls and big sisters who love to play with little brothers. I am thankful for all of the time that she spends with him, teaching him and hugging him.

Thankful for a big sister who is training to be a babysitter and baths little brothers. I look on in awe at my baby bathing my little babies. She will be a good mama some day. I am so thankful that I can help her, teach her and mentor her.
Thankful for cool towel that were thrifted a while back. Thankful that this little guy lets big sis give him baths while mama watches from the sidelines.
Thankful for a very communicative and silly baby. Thankful that he is eating solids (he hated baby food and anything pureed ~ still does).

I am thankful for kids who like to pose for mama and who can sit still long enough to let mama do their hair. I am so thankful for the YouTube videos and hair~bloggers who give step by step instructions on how to do pretty girly hair-do's.
I am thankful for a nearby Dollar Store that specializes in helium balloons. They have a corner of their store dedicated to them. I am thankful that we could make this guy so happy with this one balloon. I am thankful that it entertained him for almost two weeks before it petered out.

I am thankful for the baby swing that entertains this guy while I garden. He thankfully loves to go for swing rides.


I am thankful for big brothers and little brothers who like to cuddle. I am thankful for the bucket hat that has donned the fourth little boys' head. Oh my how time flies.

I am thankful for my sewing room, my sewing room companions and some time to work on the Star Wars quilt for hubby.

I am thankful for little babies who fit on doll beds and don't mind giving dollies little hugs.

Thankful that everyone helped lighten my load so that I could FINALLY finish Adam's crib quilt. It was begun way before he was born, but I am so thankful that it is finished.

I am so thankful for some more I-spy fabric that I received in the mail today. It was sent to me for FREE from a lovely lady named Susan. I am so thankful that she passed it on so that I can more children happy playing with their I-spy quilts.

I am so thankful that I made some sales in my shop so that I could by some really cute Japanese I-spy fabric and some cute baby and CHRISTMAS fabric. I am so thankful for fabric. It makes me so happy. That may sound funny, but if you are a quilter or a sewer you will understand.

I am so thankful to be taking part in a signature block swap. These are some of the blocks that I have made and all of the fabric that still needs to be sewn together. I am thankful that I will be receiving blocks from all over the world to make into a beautiful quilt some day.

I am so thankful to have been able to join a small quilt yahoo group that posts free patterns for cute little quilts. I am so thankful that I have a daughter to make these little quilts for.

I am thankful for new runners. They are nothing fancy, but they are helping me during my T-Tapp workouts. It does make a difference when you don't do the workouts in bare foot.

I am so thankful for a custom order that I recently filled for 10 rosary pouches. It is not everyday that I sell anything, let along get asked to make something. I am thankful that I am able to make these and to be able to help out financially once in a while.

I am thankful that I have had some time to make some more rosaries. I love making rosaries and I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to design rosaries and chaplets.

This summer has been one to remember. I am thankful that I took some time off of blogging to enjoy the summer, the family and time to experience new things.

I am also thankful for you my lovely blog readers. I love hearing from you and reading your comments. 
God Bless, friends.
Holly Hobbie - friends

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post. It is so nice to look in on what others are thankful for, they remind me of all I have to be grateful for too.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...