Saturday, August 3, 2013

Garden Update

The garden is coming along nicely. I just wish that it was bigger. We eat everything right out of the garden and there is nothing left for canning or freezing. My wish may come true, though. Our community is planning on starting up a community garden. This garden will consist of large raised garden beds on city approved property that can be rented on a yearly basis for a nominal fee. I just need to call a number and get involved. Community gardens are getting popular in this city. I am a huge fan of community gardens for so many reasons. I would love to be able to produce more food. It would take a bit of pressure off of the ever growing food bill. With four boys and a husband, the food budget definitely could use all of the help it can get.


Happy Weekend Everyone!
Holly Hobbie - friends

4 comments:

  1. Tina,

    What a beautiful collage of photos! You are obviously a very successful gardener (unlike me!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I really try. You should see my apple trees, though. Their leaves turned brown the weekend that our city was hit by massive flooding. They are a sad, sad sight.

      Delete
  2. We are the same way, there is nothing left over for freezing or canning! This year we don't seem to be getting anything though. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our summer hasn't been very plentiful either. We have had a lot of rain, very little sunshine or warm days.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...