Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Little Chaplet of Saint Anne

Saint Anne de Beaupre.It has been a little over a month since I opened an Etsy shop. I sell homemade rosaries and chaplets. It is a great way for me to be creative and serve the Lord. I didn't realize how much fun I would have making the rosaries. I love to make rosaries and chaplets and I especially like to add my own touch which includes lots of 'bling'. I know that a rosary doesn't "need" to be fancy, but pretty rosaries are so nice to pray with.

When I decided to open a shop that sells rosaries and chaplets, I knew that I needed to make a product that stands out a little. So many people sell rosaries, which is amazing. I am in awe at the beautiful rosaries that people make and sell on Etsy. When I bought my supplies, I bought a lot of crystal beads. I figured that they would go with any other kind of bead, but I was in no way prepared for how dressy they make a rosary. I hope that I don't sound like I am bragging, I am just really excited.

This is a picture of a rosary that I recently sold in my shop. Do you see the crystal beads that separate the Hail Marys? That is what I am talking about. 

Now, when I opened up the shop, I also intended to make some chaplets. A few years ago, one of my favorite bloggers wrote about the Saint Anne chaplet and her devotion to Saint Anne. She spoke so lovingly of Saint Anne and how the wonderful Saint found and assisted her through especially tough times in her life. She even has a link to a number of Saint Anne prayers that you can find right here. I remember her linking to a tutorial on how to make a Saint Anne chaplet. At the time, I made a chain link rosary type chaplet. It was very simple and not at all like the strung chaplet by Alice Cantrell. This chaplet and in particular Saint Anne helped me through my pregnancies and miscarriages.

Saint Anne is the mother of Our Lady and grandmother of Our Lord. She has been invoked by many and is a special patron of mothers, homemakers, childless women, grandmothers, women in labor, cabinet makers, seamstresses and Canada. The chaplet of Saint Anne was composed during the late 1800's, but the exact author remains unknown. The chaplet consists of 3 groups of 5 beads, separated by a single bead.


You pray the chaplet as follows:

You begin on the first bead following the medal of Saint Anne, on which the Our Father is recited. 

The first group of five beads honors Jesus. On each of the five beads you pray a Hail Mary and you also say: Jesus, Mary and Saint Anne, grant the favor I request (mention your request)

The second group of five beads honor Mary and you pray one Our Father and then five Hail Marys and after each one say: Jesus, Mary and Saint Anne, grant the favor I request (mention your request)

The third group of five beads honors Saint Anne and you pray one Our Father and then five Hail Marys and after each one say:Jesus, Mary and Saint Anne, grant the favor I request (mention your request).

O God, be with us in our time of trial. Protect us, Lord, from every evel. Good St. Anne, you were especially favored by God to the mother of the most holy Virgin Mary, the mother of our Savious. By your power with the most pure daughter and her divine Son, kindly obtain for us the grace and favor that we now seek. Please secure for us also forgiveness for our past sins, the strength to perform faithfully our daily duties, and the help we need to persevere in the love of Jesus and Mary. Amen.



Good Saint Anne, pray for us.

Have a great weekend friends and may you and your family be richly blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...