Thursday, April 25, 2013

Kids Clothes Week Stash Bash

This week's Stash Bash is a little different. I am using my stash to participate in Kids Clothes Week. I have never participated in Kids Clothes Week before, so I am not really sure how it goes. From what I understand, you spend one hour a day making kids clothing for the entire Kids Clothes Week April 22nd-April 29th 2013.

I found out about this last week. I was so sick and longing to sew that I made plans. This time around it is Maria's turn to get some nice clothes. It is hard finding patterns for older kids, but I was determined. We picked up a few $0.49 patterns at the thrift store a while back. We are going to be using those to make a dress and a skirt. I also combed etsy for some cute big girl patterns.

So far, I managed to sew two Sweet Cheeks Tops and cut out the material for the dress from our thrift finds. I have plans to make some skorts using this pattern and a t-shirt or two using this pattern. Maria and I have been collecting fabric for a while. I don't usually make a lot of things from knits, so this is a learning experience. I really hope that I can get all of the things made. Maria won't really need any new clothes for a while (apart from intimates). I am not putting myself under pressure and just using nap time. It will probably take two or three weeks, but that is ok. Maria is excited and loves to model all of her new things.

The two tops that I have managed to sew thus far are made from material that we thrifted a long time ago. These tops cost less than a buck or two to make. It doesn't get any better than that. I hope to make some more of these in the future. Maria loves that they are so comfortable. I need to remember to buy more elastic because I used up my last bits.

Stop by Tricia's blog for this week's Stash Bash and if you have time, check out the Kids Clothes Week blog for inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. Those tops are the best! I love that style for myself also. Nice to see you healthy again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Idea! Despite being late to the party, I will definitely be adding sew for my kids for one hour a day. It is amazing what you can get done in an hour. I love those tops and she looks proud and happy wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up, constantly i used to check website posts here in the early hours in the dawn, for the reason that i like to find out more and more. my site ...
    online kids clothes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me. my web blog ...
    kids clothing
    kids clothes australia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...