Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WIP WEDNESDAY ~ March 6, 2013

I have been very busy getting things ready for my new Etsy shop. It is a work in progress. I hope to have everything ready to open shop before Easter. I will be selling rosaries, chaplets, rosary pouches, devotional wallets and quilted pieces to use for centerpieces and for under statues. I am waiting for a majority of my beads and supplies to arrive from the USA. I am so excited to be making rosaries again.

In the meantime, I have begun sewing a few centerpieces or statue rugs. This block is called Morning Star. I tried it out under my Mary statue and I am ecstatic, it turned out so well. I have not mastered half-square triangles yet, but this is great. Do you have any suggestions on how I should quilt it? I am thinking stitch-in-the-ditch around the star and a celtic knot in the middle? I am open for suggestions?


Another WIP is figuring out how to work the new digital camera. We splurged and used some tax money to buy a digital Canon EOS Rebel camera. We have a Canon EOS manual with great lenses that we bought in Germany. They have been sitting in the camera bag for over six years waiting for us to buy a digital camera. There is a huge learning curve, but I have never been one to bow away from a challenge. I want to share a few shots that we took on our other WIP.

taken by Sascha
taken by me
taken by me
taken by Sascha
taken by Sascha
Keep checking back as I will share shop items on here as I make them. Also, don't forget to stop by TN&TN to see other WIP's.


1 comment:

  1. I think I might have to learn to quilt this summer. You are really inspiring me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...