Thursday, March 28, 2013

Stash Bash ~ Holy Week Edition

This week's Stash Bash is all about getting all of the projects that are imperative for Easter finished. I really want everyone to look their best this year. With four sacraments on Saturday, you can't show up looking shabby. We never do, but you know what I mean. It is a special day regardless, but three confirmations and one First Holy Eucharist are a great reason to get extra specially dressed up. We bought new suit pants for dad, Noah and Owen. I planned on making Maria's confirmation / Easter dress, but it was only a few days ago that I realized that Patrick's church pants are toooooo short. How can that be? I just made them in February, I think.

I finally made him the Treasure Pocket Trousers from the Sewing for Boys: 24 Projects to Create a Handmade Wardrobe book that I borrowed from the library. I have had my eye on this book for a while and wanted to see if it was worth buying. I found the directions incredibly difficult to understand for these pants, but that may just be me. The directions are different than the picture and that irritated me. I found an errata online and some modified instructions and pattern piece. They turned out wonderfully, but they sure took me a long time to make. Arghhhh! I wanted to  be done a bunch of other things on my to do list, but c'est la vie. It is what it is. The pants are cute, though. There are more pictures in yesterday's post.


I also made him a bow tie from the SEW IT ALL magazine that I also borrowed from the library. It was so easy to make. I can see myself making a few more of these in the future.

I also made Maria's confirmation dress this week. My machine has seen a lot of miles this week. Thankfully the kids helped with babysitting, cooking and whatever else that mom needed them to do. I used the Wrap Top & Dress pattern from YouCanMakeThis.com. I got the pattern during one of their $5 sales. If you subscribe to their email, you get notifications for their pattern sales. It is worth the full price though. The instructions are super easy to follow and the pictures a really helpful.




My serger finally arrived. Oh, it is so much fun! Who knew??? I even used it to make a rolled hem for the first time. It is so handy that I am going to have to find excuses to use it more often.


I whipped up a flower clip for Maria's hair. I don't know if you can tell, but the flower is made of a fabric that has white birds on it. I'd like to believe that they are doves. The button has little Edelweiss flowers on it. I still have to finish our Easter table runner. I was having issues with it and then life happened. I am not too worried about it. If it doesn't get finished for Easter Sunday, there are still weeks of Easter season left to enjoy it. 

Last weekend, I helped Owen make this little pillow from the book S is for Stitch that I blogged about last week. He did the embroidery and stitched the patches together. I assembled it all into a pillow. He is so proud of his work and so am I. Our fingers are crossed that we win this book because our library copy has to go back soon.


Don't forget to stop by Tricia's blog (if you have time) and see what everyone has been sewing.

God Bless and have a wonderful Easter.
Vintage Easter Card

3 comments:

  1. Tina Marie,

    What a wonderful and joy-filled Easter your family is going to have! All those sacramental celebrations!

    Special clothes always enhance an occasion. I just love what you have sewn for your children. The dress is exquisite! You have a great deal of talent. Home-made clothes are packed full of love.

    Praying that your Easter is very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. The dress pattern makes it look so amazing. The instructions are easy to follow. And you are so right, home-made clothes are packed full of love.

      Praying that you and your family have a blessed Easter, too!

      Delete
  2. Hey T.M., I love all the clothes, and oh ... the dress!! Stunning!! The flower for her hair is especially pretty!! Happy Easter season to you and your family :).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...