Monday, March 11, 2013

Relaxed and Feeling Blessed

I am in a good place right now. Growing up I always wanted to be happy, but circumstances always seemed to be against my favor. I never knew what happiness was. I was determined to be happy some day. I feel more than happiness now, I think what I am feeling is true joy. It reminds me of the following verse from the bible.
So it is with you: you are sad now, but I shall see you again, and your hearts will be full of joy, and that joy no one shall take from you. John 16:22

I breath it in. I stop and stare at the face of my baby and can't help but feel so blessed. He was given to me after such a devastating loss. Thank you Lord for entrusting him to me.



I am trying not to get caught up in the mundane. I am trying to rejoice in all of the little things. God has given me more than I deserve. He has given me so much. I am not bragging, I am not showing off, I am just truly happy. I never thought that I would be married to such an awesome man. He can get me going, but he can make me laugh so hard that I cry. Every women needs a man like that.


This post is turning into a Thankful Thursday post, I'm afraid. I had a great weekend, despite the time change. I got to go fabric shopping ALONE with my sweet daughter. There were no boys with us, daddy took them all and did guy stuff. I think that is another reason to be super thankful. My hubby was very brave.

Hubby gave us a time limit. I don't blame him and I didn't mind obliging, since he had the majority of the offspring in his care. Mia and I had so much fun picking an choosing fabric for our various projects. I had my  Etsy shop in mind. I am so thankful for the great sales and an almost empty shop when we arrived. Here is a picture of my finds.


I should have taken a picture of Mia's purchases. She bought her own fabric. She makes her own money delivering flyers with her brother. She is very frugal and save up for such shopping sprees. We have similar tastes, but her fabrics have a much more youthful vibe. She didn't waste any time cutting up some of her material. She already made a dolly dress and two matching skirts for two of her favorite dolls.

I unfortunately only have a picture of the dress she made. (meet Brianne - a Canadian girl / Maplea doll which she also purchased with her own money) She used the Liberty Jane Heritage Drawstring Dress pattern. I hardly had to help her at all. It was sew fun sewing along side her. I got my older Singer set up for her to sew with.

How did I get so lucky? I have a daughter that not only loves to sew, but loves to sew alongside me. She gives me her opinions on my fabric choices and I on hers. We work well together. I hope that never changes.  We can giggle together while baby is sleeping and play all afternoon with our fabric. It doesn't take much to make us happy.

I am also feeling blessed to have been able to host a giveaway. I also am so excited about all of the new followers and sweet comments that everyone is leaving. You make my day. I wish that I could give something to everyone that has entered. I am definitely going to be hosting more giveaways in the future. Thank you for making my little part of the world so special. If you haven't entered to win a dolly quilt or American girl dress, please do.

Just follow this link.

I wish everyone a happy week. 
You are all in my thoughts and prayers. 
God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Trying to catch up on blogs here....your sweet baby boy is sooooo cute! He is a blessing for sure, they all are, arent' they?

    You are sooo talented. You amaze me.

    Yes, Angela got the letter and used the rosary to pray for Simeon's surgery! She loved it! She will be sending him a return letter soon...we got the letter the night before you emailed me...I've just been so busy with Simeon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...