Thursday, March 7, 2013

Needle and Thread ~ March 7, 2013

I am so excited to share with you the Grand Opening of my Etsy Shop Loreto Gift Shop


Opening my own etsy shop has been a dream of mine for a long time. The meat and potatoes of my shop is yet to come, handmade rosaries. I ordered some special beads online, hoping that they arrive soon. I will be selling rosaries made with Swarovski  crystals and semi-precious stones. If you Like me on Facebook, you will see them as soon as they are listed.

I am very passionate about the rosary and Our Lady. I make rosary cases and statue rugs/mats. I only have a small inventory so far, but I hope to improve on that. Below are a few of the items that I made using my needles and thread. My favorite is the first rosary case with the flowers and butterflies. 




 I also have some plastic rosaries. $1.00 of the proceeds goes to a local non-profit rosary making group, Totus Tuus. They make rosary for the missions and shipped over 40,000 rosaries worldwide in 2012 alone. The cost of postage is really high, especially for shipments to Africa, India and South America. As a member of this group, I am very passionate about this ministry. I want to help do Our Lady's work here on earth in my own little way. Please make it possible for those in remote countries to own their own rosary.

It wouldn't be a Needle & Thread post if I didn't mention what I was reading. I recently joined the Mom's Group at a local church and I am joining them in reading A Biblical Walk Through the Mass by Dr. Edward Sri. It is an easy read, but not irrelevant in any way. I look forward to going to mom's group every week and enjoy diving deeper into my faith. The best part is the free babysitting, actually getting to know other like-minded moms. I really needed this group. I had no idea how much I needed it until I actually went to a meeting. Maybe I will share with you how I came upon this group, it is a funny story. Next time, maybe.

Don't forget to go visit Elizabeth's blog In the Heart of my Home to see the other Needle & Thread works of the week. God Bless and thank you for stopping by.





4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your etsy shop! Beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Tina Marie! I remember reading your blog a long time ago when you mentioned this dream of yours but at that time it wasn't the right time. So glad now is the right time!! Happy for you. Love the rosary holders. Can't wait to see more from your new shop.
    xo Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the giveaway and will br stopping by your store

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...