Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Yarn Along ~ February 27th, 2013.

It has been quite awhile since I have participated in a yarn along. There are a few reasons for this, but the main reason is that I have fallen in love with my sewing machine and prefer to sew than knit. It is not that I don't like knitting, but rather that the sewing machine is much quicker at producing a finished piece than my knitting needles. But, that being said, there is also nothing like a hand-knit piece of love. I call it a piece of love, because it requires love and dedication to make create it.


Right now, I am working on a Milo for my middle guy. He loves cuddly stuff and asks me constantly how his vest is coming along. He can hardly wait until it is finished and in truth I hope that it is soon finished. I want him to wear it over his white dress shirt for Easter. It is still really cold here (usually) for Easter. I am using Berrocco Vintage DK in the color pumpkin, in case you were wondering. I am loving this yarn. It is so soft and easy to knit with. It is the same yarn that I used to make hubby's hat a while back. It is also machine washable (a bonus with boys). I normally steer clear of acrylic yarn, but the blend of this with alpaca is pleasing to the touch. I know that Owen loves it and he picked the color, so it is going to be a winner if I can get it done before he outgrows it.

This week I am reading...

WE HAVE A POPE! BENEDICT XVI

I bought it on sale a long time ago, but never actually read it. It is a really interesting read. I am completely oblivious to all that goes on behind Vatican doors. I am naive and just trust in the process, but I must say that it is fascinating to read about the last days of the life of Bl. John Paul the Great and the buzz surrounding the choosing of a new pope. I am only a few chapters into the book and I have learned so much. I am one of those poorly catechised generation x'ers with so much to learn. What are you working on or reading? Please leave a comment and then venture over to Small Things to see what everyone else has on their needles and side tables. God Bless friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...