Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday #77 @ TN&TN

Hubby watched baby for a good share of the weekend, which allowed me to get some sewing time in. I bought some onesies a few weeks ago for the sole purpose of embellishing them. My youngest is wearing through most of the hand-me-downs. After 4 kiddos, who can blame him. He wants something new, too.

I spotted a cute little onesie vest on Pinterest (the cause of much wasted time) that I really wanted to make for him. Hubby doesn't prefers to dress baby in sleepers all of the time because of their simplicity, comfort and warmth. But, I however, think that baby should get dressed once in a while, especially for Mass. In creating the outfit below, simplicity, comfort and warmth were of utmost importance. The vest and pants are made out of homespun cotton. They are really, really soft, comfy and warm.

The vest is lined with brown poly-cotton which gives it stability.
I made the pants using the Fuddie Duddies pattern, but added different pockets, shortened the waistband and added an elastic waistband similar to that of maternity clothes. 
I admit, the suit turned out looking a little retro, but we don't mind. We love retro.
I think he likes his new little suit. Now we are ready for Mass, Easter, Weddings, you name it.

Now, I just have to make a few more outfits and this little guy is set for a while (I hope). Hubby was very generous this weekend, because I also had time to patch my daughter's jeans. She had been bugging me for a while now, but I felt so uninspired until I visited Pinterest. I patched her jeans using a lace inset. She loves these jeans and wears them all the time again. I also love that my machine sews scribbles. That was fun.

In case you missed my Monday post, I finished the first of two mug rugs for the mug rug swap. First of all, I want you to know that I have never done any applique quilting before. It terrified me. I have no idea what I was afraid of. It still scares me a little, but I am getting over it. You should see all of the mug rugs in the swap. Just click the link to see them on Flickr.

I also have been receiving some little packets with new fabric in the mail. Does your heart skip a beat when you have new material in the mailbox? Mine sure does. I can't wait to make something with them.


I forgot to take a picture of the material I will be using for Mia's Easter dress using this pattern. I made her a top with this pattern for Christmas. It is a great pattern and I can't wait to make the dress version this time.

I also received the following program. I am not a designer, but this program sure makes you look like one. Even my kids were designing quilts with this program. I can't wait to actually make one of the creations I have designed.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! that little suit is so cute!! You are so clever! i wish I was a better seamstress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful creations Tina Marie. the suit is darling, as are your children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That baby suit is too cute! Absolute win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely suit, Pinterest sure can be a great source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...