Thursday, February 7, 2013

Needle and Thread & Stash Bash

This week I am joining Elizabeth at the Heart of my Home with Needle and Thread and the Crunchy Catholic Momma for a Stash Bash. I haven't had much time at the sewing machine this week. I used a few minutes here and there to finish things that I started last week and last month. Yesterday, I posted about the pillow I made for hubby's man-cave.

These first two blocks are for the My Favorite Block Quilt Along. I am still one block behind and there are two new blocks being revealed next week.
 

I spent one nap time getting a bit more of the snowman wall quilt done. I still have a checkerboard border to make and attach, but all in good time. I would like to get it up before all the snow is gone (don't worry, we still have snow until well into April and sometime May). This pattern is from Quick Country Quilting: Over 80 Projects Featuring Easy, Timesaving Techniques by Debbie Mumm.


I am also working on making a few birthday gifts for Patrick's 3rd birthday at the end of next week. He loves our play kitchen. He also likes to have pitnits picnics with his stuffies. He loves bright colors and cherries, so I made him 2 little place mats and a little tea towel. I just have a picture of the one place mat. The other is waiting to be bound.

I am still working on reading  Taking Charge of Your Fertility and  Rooted in Love: Our Calling as Catholic Women. With the kids, I am reading through  Life of Our Lord for Children by Marigold Hunt and  Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George. If you want to learn a lot about living in the tundra, this is a must read. After reading some of this, I almost feel like I could survive in the arctic, but just ALMOST. Did you know that caribou scat is really good kindling for a fire? 

Don't forget to check out what everyone else has been up to this week. God Bless.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt squares!! I would love to get better at quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...