Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11 Daybook


Outside my window... it is very dreary looking. I am hoping that this is due to the fact that it is still early.

I am thinking... that we are getting a new Pope next month! Wow! That was unexpected news this morning.

I am thankful for... anniversaries. Today marks the 2 year anniversary of our closing on this house. I can't believe that we moved in two years ago! It is also exactly 6 months since our little Adam Gerard was born!

From the lesson plans... Lent, Lent, Lent. I have to get some things organized and ready for Wednesday.

From the kitchen... meals without potatoes. We have really tried to embrace the paleo way of eating. Although we still consume the odd beans, potatoes has been hard to scratch from the grocery list. After one week off of potatoes, I have kept off the 5 pounds that I lost. Not only that, but the boys are a lot calmer without potatoes, who knew?

I am wearing... track pants and a three quarter length shirt. They don't really match, but they are so comfy. 

I am creating... mug rugs for the mug rug swap, another dolly placemat for Patrick and whatever unfinished projects I have time to finish.

I am planning... to get stick to the plans and routines that are working for us and tweak those that are not. I also plan to get to daily Mass more frequently. We now have a vehicle. Yeah! Hubby now has a company van to drive to and from work. We are no longer stranded (which I don't mind so much), but a vehicle can be handy.

I am reading... a bunch of different books all at once. I don't spend enough time reading for myself, but I plan on digging something out to read for lent.

I am hoping... for a great Lent. We have so much to prepare for as I mentioned in my last post. 

I am hearing... the kids at the breakfast table waiting for me, so I better hurry up here.

Around the house... the old palms are all taken down and returned to the church. I want to update the prayer table to reflect Lent. That will mean giving the living room a thorough cleaning.

I am going... to persevere. I am a little over one third of the way through the T-Tapp 60 Day Challenge and am slowly starting to see some great results. 

I am praying for... our priest and fellow parishioners. Without them, I am positive that my husband would never receive his confirmation. Their charity is amazing. I thank God for leading us home to them.

For the rest of the week... Ash Wednesday Mass, Lenten and sacramental preparations, and a birthday party on Saturday. Patrick is turning three!

A quote for the day...
"The new pope knows that his task is to make the light of Christ shine before men and women of world - not his own light, but that of Christ."  ~ Pope Benedict XVI
A picture thought...
Winter Birdhouse Mug Rug for the Mug Rug Swap

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried sweet potatoes? They are awesome! We make sweet potato fries and they are a true love around here. And if you mash them do it in a food processor, makes them soooo creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love sweet potatoes. Amy, have you tried them roasted with garlic and olive oil? Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...