Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Needle and Thread Network (TN&TN) for January 29th

This my first TN and TN post in a very long time. I reworked the blog and am ready to get sewing. I try to spend nap time and weekends at my machine. I have mentioned many times in the past that I love to sew. This hasn't always been the case. At one time, I stitch ripped more than I sewed.

I was up really early this morning and managed to sew the December block for Bloggers Block of the Month Quilt Along hosted by Peach Path Quilts.


My daughter is working on a block for the My Favorite Block Quilt Along. This is going to a really scrappy looking sampler. The first block is going to be a wonky log cabin pieced as courthouse steps.


These are just two of our very many WIP's. We hope you are having a great week. Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. the star block is one of my favourites, so easy and no requirement to have the angles perfect! And what a wonderment it is to have a daughter who works along and enjoys the same hobby as Mum, you will always have someone to talk to about sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is my only daughter, so I had to get her into sewing. To be honest, it wasn't hard to twist her arm.

      Delete
  2. just lovely,,,nice to get your daughter involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the stitch and rip and not much fun days of sewing. It indeed gets better, especially when shared with a DD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the centre of the star is bold and the points are soft and muted. Great work. And your daughter's block looks fabulous! How old is she?

    beaniekins84(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I wasn't sure if the centre was too bold. Btw, my daughter is ten.

      Delete
  5. Great blocks, Tina! Your daughter did a great job with her block!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your crisp seams on that white! Blocks, basic blocks are the base of quilting! Your daughter is so lucky that you are sharing your hobby! Such a cutie! I can't wait to see her finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely for you to be quilting with your daughter!
    Lovely blocks!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the way: get them hooked early. I wish you both happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...