Thursday, January 17, 2013

Needle & Thread

In addition to all of the projects that I had going on last weekend, and the pants for Patrick, I managed to make a quick table runner. I used a pattern that I found online. I used the Bookish Charms that I got for my birthday. I especially love the blocks that look like library card date stamps. I remember getting my first library card when I was around 12 years old. On Saturdays, when my godfather went into town to get groceries, he would drop me off at the public library. I would load myself up with books and be ready to be picked up when he was finished with his errands.
This is a really quick quilt project. I finished this one in about 2 naps plus a few evenings binding. I had to stop to feed the baby, so my time gauge isn't very reliable. 

I still love to read, but I tend to use spare time to quilt and sew rather than read. The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry: A Novel is still waiting for me at chapter four. As a family, we are reading The Hobbit. We are sharing two books and this is proving to be a little difficult. I might have to get an audio book of this one from the library in order to keep up with the kids.

Don't forget to stop by Elizabeth's blog and see what everyone has been sewing and reading.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tina,
    Love your table runner, especially that book fabric - so awesome! Nice to see your blog linked up to Elizabeth again. I also worked on a long skinny table runner this week but its not finished ... Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina,
    I thought I had written you back a couple hours ago and now I am not certain, so I am writing again. I got called away from my computer to go help my sister take care of my mom and got distracted! So if this is a duplicate I apologize. I want to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving the nice comment. I did check out the T-Tapp and found it really interesting. Even did a few of the little clips you could try. Can you tell me which dvd or book you bought? I'm thinking about it, if I can afford it? I know the book is available for around 15 dollars, and I could get it on my Nook. That might be a good place to start, but I do like DVD's that I can exercise along with. Thanks again for the info, and keep up the good work. You can do it. Best of luck, and I'll pray for both of us!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...