Thursday, January 10, 2013

Needle & Thread

While I haven't been posting as much as I would like, I have been very busy. Before Christmas, I was determined to make lots of Christmas presents. I finished all but one, but that is ok. It shouldn't take me long to finish once I get motivated enough to finish it.

SO, this week I want to share some of the creations that I worked so hard on.

From top to bottom, left to right: Hubby's retro quilt. I started it a long time ago using this pattern. Next is the   dress for my daughter's Maplea girl (a.k.a Canadian Girl) from oliver + s. I made it using vintage sheets. Maria's Our Generation doll is sporting a t-shirt made from the Liberty Jane free t-shirt pattern and the jeans I made using the Liberty Jane jeans pattern. I realized that I love making doll clothes for these dolls. If you are going to pay for a pattern, then Liberty Jane patterns are the ones to put money on. They are worth it because they are easy to read and follow, even for beginners. The next photo is of my Raggedy Ann fan. He and Raggedy are sitting on a little pinwheel doll quilt that I made. I used vintage Raggedy Ann fabric that I found on Etsy. They both love this little quilt. Lastly, is a wall hanging for my horse loving daughter. The horse is embroidered and the rest is pieced and machine quilted. When I was digging up these photos, I realized that I hadn't taken pictures of all of my projects. So for today, this is it.

I am currently reading The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry and Overcoming Dyslexia: A New and Complete Science-Based Program for Reading Problems at Any Level. The first was recommended by someone writing one of these posts and I am not far enough into it to give any real opinion on it. I will say that it is quite humorous so far. The latter book is a big book and I have been picking out bits and pieces. It seems as if my little guy is dyslexic. Apparently, they don't test here for dyslexia until a child is at least in grade three. I can't wait until next year. We are acting now and are already seeing results. Please pray for our little guy as he is really struggling.

Don't forget to take a look at Elizabeth's blog and see what she and the others have been working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...