Monday, January 21, 2013

Daybook for January 21st


Outside my window... sunny and cold. I love when the sun shines bright in the winter, don't you?

I am thinking... that I should be doing a million other things.

I am thankful for... a new week with a fresh start.

From the lesson plans... Beatrix Potter unit study. I had no idea that her books were originally letters to her little friends. 

From the kitchen... something with chicken and potatoes. Perhaps Greek Chicken?

I am wearing... jeans and a three quarter length t-shirt and a scarf.

I am creating... too many things. Owen wants me to make him a stuffed fish. It is all cut out and ready to sew. I am making a vintage sheet quilt for the living room. It is cold in there and our fleece blankets are all starting to fall apart at the seams. Jogging pants for Patrick are all cut and ready to sew. I can't forget hubby's pillows that I started last weekend. A crochet pillow cover to match the quilt for the living room. Oh and all of the UFO's in the green bin.
I am planning... to breath. I am planning to do one thing at a time and stop doing a crappy job at everything because I am multi-tasking.

I am reading... The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry

I am hoping... that I can get my act together, be more organized, learn more, give more, pray more and get fit again.

I am hearing... the kids play Wii Sport Resort. (phys ed.)

Around the house... lots of unfinished projects (see above), a bathroom that needs cleaning and a bit of laundry that needs tending.


I am going... to lose the inches. I signed up for the T-Tapp 60 Day Challenge as a bit of a kick start and a motivation. 

I am praying for... hubby's promotion to finally go through. We have been praying for this for months. It would mean a lot in terms of job security and stability.

For the rest of the week... lots of school, sewing (hopefully) and getting caught up on housework.

A quote for the day...
Oh, how precious time is! Blessed are those who know how to make good use of it. Oh, if only all could understand how precious time is, undoubtedly everyone would do his best to spend it in a praiseworthy manner! ~ Padre Pio

A picture thought...
Maria (10) made this log cabin block as part of her study on Beatrix Potter. She plans to make a few more and make them into a pillow cover.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed when I clicked from your comment at THH to read your latest post. I think we could be alter egos with: "I am planning... to breath. I am planning to do one thing at a time and stop doing a crappy job at everything because I am multi-tasking....I am hoping... that I can get my act together, be more organized, learn more, give more, pray more and get fit again....Around the house... lots of unfinished projects (see above), a bathroom that needs cleaning and a bit of laundry that needs tending." Know you are NOT alone. Lifting you and sending you lots or breaths of encouragement and peace right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Beatrix Potter and that quilt square! So nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...