Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Yarn Along ~ November 14th

Well, the race is on. Christmas gifts need to be made. I am off to an ok start. This week I finished the hat that I was working on for hubby. My son kindly modeled it for me. My son likes it so much that I might make him one, too.
I also started a little sweater vest for the baby. It sounds stupid, but I need a quick project to give me a sense of accomplishment. The hat took me a long time. The ribbing almost did me in. I was reading some older yarn alongs and found this little pattern.
I am knitting with a stash yarn Hopscotch Reynolds Kids that I bought really cheap. It is so soft. I usually knit with regular 100% wool, but this is a nice 100% superwash wool. This will be hopefully prove to be handy with my little guy full in teething mode. I wonder if he will have any teeth before Christmas. The oldest three were all born in July/August and had teeth by Christmas, actually they cut their first teeth on Christmas Eve day. Patrick was born in February, so he definitely had teeth by Christmas.

I haven't been reading a lot of anything, but patterns, lately. I have a whole bunch of books out of the library for inspiration.

 
What are you making? Are you busy trying to finish Christmas gifts, too? Don't forget to drop by Ginny's blog and see what everyone else is up to.

God Bless friends,

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the hat! I might have to make that one myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. like that hat. and yeah on the baby sweater. i love knitting baby goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...