Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I am always so inspired by Jamie Jo's "Thankful" posts and I want to dedicated today's Thankful Thursday post to her and her baby who is undergoing surgery today.

I am thankful for...

Jamie Jo's friendship I have never met her in real life, but have gotten to know her through blogging, emails and shared snail mail. My kids love being penpals with her kids. Don't you just love the little outfit she sent for our little Adam? Thanks Jamie Jo!!!
 
My daughter who loves to cook She made blue applesauce from the The Kid-Friendly Food Allergy Cookbook: More Than 150 Recipes That Are Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Egg-Free, and Low in Sugarand it was delicious by the way.

 
Big brothers who cuddle with the baby 
Time spent on the couch reading and being read to
Baby Smiles

The First Snow & Walk in the Woods



  
New Yarn I ordered some yarn to make Christmas gifts for the kids and hubby. I just love ordering yarn, but I hate spending the money. I am cheap, but don't mind spending money on quality.


Ravelry I love to have a place to organize patterns that is virtual. I love finding nice patterns that are free and seeing how they turn out.

Scraps I am hoping to make a new quilt out of my scraps. I will have to purchase the sashing, back and binding fabrics, though. It is exciting to be making a quilt with the scraps. It will be a couch quilt for cuddling up and watching movies under. I love that the kids recognize where the scraps come from. I love hearing, "That was from my_____________." I am thankful to have been blessed with the fabrics and the memories they have made.

Renos I love that my husband loves me and thinks that I deserve a great place to work, create and make memories. My husband revamped our home office/sewing room/school room. He told me that I could buy furniture to fit this incredibly small space (7x12ft) and finally make it work for everyone who uses this room. I wanted a simple, clean looking space. I didn't want him to spend a ton of cash, but I wanted it functional. I measured and pick out and he bought, built and arranged everything for me. This is a peak of the one corner of the new room.

I am so thankful for all of the things that I don't remember to mention. I mentioned yesterday that I was feeling depressed. That is a work in progress, but the thankful posts help me to see all that I have. I have been very blessed. My life is far from perfect and I need lots of work if I ever hope for heaven. Being thankful is just one part of it and I am glad that you stopped by. I am thankful for comments and suggestions, too friends.

Have a wonderful Thursday!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing!!! Your quilts are so beautiful. Simeon loves his quilted toy--me too, we think of you every day because of it.Your sweet little baby boy looks so cute in that outfit--and such a big boy in it!! Love all your thankfuls and the pictures of your cute kiddos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...