Thursday, November 15, 2012

Needle & Thread - Practise Run

I am busy thinking about Christmas and furiously working on all my homemade projects. I ordered some material online (oh the selection, I had to hold myself back) and am raring to go. The only problem is that I ordered some through etsy, other at Joann's and others yet through Connecting Threads. Mia and I worked together on a practise run of a doll quilt that we plan on giving to Owen.

This is not the doll quilt that we are giving Owen. This was made with fat quarters that I cut into charm squares and toyed with the placement. It still needs a binding because I blew the first binding and had a little melt down. Oh well, we will bind it and I already have a beggar  taker for this one. My two year old kept telling Mia, "My have it! My have it," while she stitch ripped the binding off. It is a little girly looking, but this little guy loves kitties. If you look closely, you will see all of the kitties.

Owen is a huge Raggedy Ann and Andy fan. Yes, my seven year old loves dolls. He has two waldorf dolls that he calls Johnny and he loves them to death. He asked me to make him some more doll clothes for Christmas. Then I found some really neat charm squares. I knew that I wanted to make a dolly quilt for his new doll. I am so excited for him. He loves listening to the Raggedy Ann and Andy audio stories that I downloaded on his little ipod. In the summer, I found a hardcover book with the Raggedy Ann stories. I can hardly wait for Christmas.

I just picked up One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are  from the library. I hope to read this when I get some time. I really should buy this book. This is my second time charging it out of the library.

Check out this week's edition of Needle and Thread.

God Bless friends,

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, your kids are so sweet! Owen, what a sensitive little boy you are! Angela is always asking me who she is going to marry...maybe he's the one!! :) My mother in law makes each child a Raggedy Ann doll for their 3rd b-day, they are about 2 1/2 feet big and beautiful!! She did not make Nicholas one, til a couple years ago, she didn't think he'd want one, then I told her he kind of wanted one...he loved it, til this past spring, he gave it to me--I'm keeping it for his future wife, she'll love it!! haha!Mia--what a good seamstress you are--I'm very impressed! I have that book One Thousand Gifts...started it but never finished it...I should....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...