Thursday, November 8, 2012

Needle & Thread ~ November 8, 2012

I have just gotten back to sewing and knitting after having baby number five. He keeps me busy, so blogging, sewing and knitting have to be done quickly and when there is time.

I meant to post this a few weeks ago, but never got to it. I made a little table quilt for Thanksgiving. It was supposed to be made before our Canadian Thanksgiving dinner, but it wasn't meant to be. The baby slept after dinner and I whipped it up as quickly as possible. I used the "quilt-as-you-go" method to piece this runner. It was intended to use fall-like colours without looking like a Halloween or Thanksgiving piece.
 
I am still trying to finish, Into the Free: A NovelbyJulie Cantrell. I really like it, but have been spending every free minute doing other things. And when I am nursing, I tend to read books about Motherhood or Postpartum mothers. I might have to get this from the library another time, perhaps in January when Christmas gifts are made and I have a little older baby.
 
Don't forget to visit Elizabeth's blog and see what others have been sewing and reading.

God Bless and thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I like your strip quilt design - I've been admiring the ones in Jane Brocket's quilting book - you can do so much with it. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...