Monday, November 26, 2012

Christ the King and Other Things

I can hardly believe that the end of the liturgical year is nearing it's end. Yesterday we celebrated the Solemnity of Christ the King. In the past, we baked a crown shaped cake. Since going grain free, this has been a challenge. I miss doing special baking for feast days. I really do. I see what others are making to enhance the special liturgical feasts and feel pity on my children because I can't do what other moms do. Every feast day seems to have more food ideas than anything else. I have been a bit of a pill and skipped celebrating feast days unless I have something food-wise to share with the children. Yes, that is lame.

Our diet is very restrictive, but healthy! Our health has benefited in many ways. We are seldom sick. If we do get sick, we recover quickly (usually). I do feel however, that I have let our spiritual health go a little down the tubes. I should care more about feeding our souls, than our bodies. Nonetheless, I made the effort to do both yesterday. I encourage Mia to make a cake. The batter is actually for donuts, but it make a great little bundt. I found a frosting recipe online and decorated the cake with trail mix. Our Christ the King cake isn't exactly fit for a king, but I think it is the thought that counts.



We spent the afternoon on the little hill behind the local public school. We had a lot of good laughs. Who knew that you could sled while babywearing? I don't think the baby minded at all that we slid down a few times.


The other kids had a blast. They slid so far that they went right under the fence. We changed hills and no fences or buildings were hit.


The rest of the week will be spent preparing for Advent and Christmas. I have so many projects that I am working on. Wish me luck. I hope you all had a great weekend.
God Bless friends,

2 comments:

  1. That baby looks snuggly warm next to mama! How fun!!! Gosh, I hate winter...we have snow too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind winter so much. I just wish that it wasn't so long. In 2010, we had snowfall in June. It didn't stay, mind you, but it was a little much. I try to see things in a positive light. When we lived in Germany it rained a lot!!! We got rain all year round. Here we enjoy a lot of sunshine, even if it is accompanied by snow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...