Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thankful Thursday

It is about time that I blog again. What a better day than today is it to blog? Thankful Thursday posts ground me and humble me. It forces me to slow down and to take time to thank God for all of the graces and blessings that He has bestowed upon me (even when I don't deserve it.) I have had many things to be thankful for these past few weeks.

I am thankful for...
 
a new baby...
 
 
a lovely daughter who turned 10!

a big sister who cuddles little brothers (she's holding the baby)...
 
a husband who holds the baby to give me a much needed break...
 
baby sporting the vest I made (it won't fit for much longer)...


 
time found to be creative...

 
baptism cupcakes that turned out o.k.... (the toppers are from here)
 
a newly ordained priest and a newly baptised baby (Septemer 9th)
 
 
fresh from the garden tomatoes...

 
for a big brother that can hold a baby while reading...

 
for little guys who potty train themselves...
 
for a baby that sleeps in the swing from time to time (allowing me to eat a meal)...
 
for a sunflower seed harvest...

and for many laughs and tears. It has been a busy few weeks. I am thankful that I survived them. It is crazy with a newborn in the house. I am so grateful that he is such a good baby. I am thankful that he has managed to gain weight very well. His last weigh-in was at 5.5 weeks and he tipped the scales at 11lbs 2oz. He nurses well and has a good appetite. He also sleeps six hours straight at night (usually).
 
I am thankful that my two year old is day trained on the potty. It was his idea to start training a few weeks after Adam was born. That surprised me, but I'll take it.
 
I am thankful to have finally found a reading and math program that work for Owen. I would also appreciate prayers for Owen who really struggles with these two subjects.
 
I am thankful that our garden did well despite the hail storms and rainy summer.
 
I am thankful for all of those people who pray for us. We love you.
 
Have a wunderful Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful family! God bless you! I love your beautiful garden as well! blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...