Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Being Patient isn't Easy

One of the hardest things about being this far along in the pregnancy, is being patient. It is hard to be chipper when you are woke up every night with Braxton Hicks. It is a guessing game as to when our bundle will decide to arrive. At 35 weeks, we tried to keep him in to bake a little longer and now that he can come, we wait.

I try to pass the time by resting, knitting, reading, watching the Olympics and resting, knitting, you get the idea. I am bored. On top of that, I have Symphysis pubis dysfunction or SPD. It is very painful and it makes it difficult to walk. I keep tripping on the edges of the steps inside and outside the house. One night, I even cried because I couldn't get out of our soaker tub without pain or help. I am an independant personality and hate having people wait on me. I am slow, too. Really slow. I joke about feeling like an old lady, but in truth that is how I look these days.

I don't mean to complain because I am happy to be having another baby. I can hardly wait, but am a little on edge at the same time. As a veteran mom, I am fully aware of how painful childbirth can be. Then comes the hormone rampage that takes places in the early days thereafter. Everything is upside down. Breastfeeding is a struggle for me every time. You would think that that would get easier. Then you sweat, lose your hair, cry for no reason and feel the least human a person can feel for a while at least. I am an overtired bundle of mixed emotions.

But on the brighter side, our family had a really neat tradition. With the exception of Patrick's pregnancy, the older kids get to body paint mommy's belly. It is a welcoming ritual of sorts. So Sunday afternoon, we brought out the paints and everyone including dad did a little diy fingerpainting on the baby.


The rest of the time, I have hanging out on the couch with the little boys as they build forts. They are actually quite amusing.


And I even spent one whole day, (with lots of breaks) converting some cloth diapers from a dear friend from velcro to snaps.

I hopefully have enough diapers now to full-time cloth diaper two kids. I was really hoping that Patrick would be out of diapers by now, but he isn't. That is my reality. So now, I am going to put EWTN kids on for the kids and curl up and rest for a while. I will also go and pray for patience because the Lord knows I need it.

God Bless friends,

1 comment:

  1. Tina Marie, you are in my prayers. I know how frustrating pregnancy can be and SPD makes it that much worse!!! Ouch!! I had that with #3, #4, #5, and #6! But #6 was sooo big that my pubic symphysis popped apart, and didn't have the pain for my last three pregnancies! But when it popped it was nasty!!! SPD made it hurt to do anything! I'm so sorry! Please, now that you are in my prayers. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...