Thursday, July 19, 2012

Stash Bash - Last Minute Stuff

I am still supposed to be on bedrest light household duty. I have to keep baby in for one more week. I really shouldn't be sitting at the sewing machine, but it called my name. If baby comes soon, I won't be ready.

I had found a few simple patterns that I wanted to whip up. I kicked my feet up to cut out the material, skipped the ironing and sewed everything up real quick. I made hubby a neck pillow. I planned on making myself one as well, but I ran out of stuffing. They come in handy when you have a new baby and always end up sleeping while sitting. I forgot to take a picture of the one I made for Sascha. He loves it and used it to watch tv last night.

The other need, was some more nursing pads. I prefer cotton nursing pads to disposable. I hate paying for something that I am going to toss in the garbage. Plus they are expensive! I can't afford to buy any right now either. I had leftover flannel in my stash from making some cloth diapers. I backed them with a layer of fleece to make them waterproof. I used a 3:1 ratio, 3 flannel layers:1 fleece layer. I used a cd to trace the circles, cut them out with Maria's help and used an overlock stick on my sewing maching to finish them up. I have 9 new pairs of nursing pads.


I have a number of other projects that I want to whip up before baby comes. I have also started a cute little sweater. It is on my knitting needles. I know that I should be resting, but I get so bored. Do you get bored?

For more Stash Bash projects, check out Tricia's blog, Crunchy Catholic Momma.

God Bless friends,

2 comments:

  1. I remember liking my flannel nursing pads better than the disposable ones myself. I always felt more comfortable with those ones as I found the disposable ones always felt wet, even if they weren't. Great stash bash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing to make. I need to make some too and maybe now seeing yours, I will get them done. I do get bored. If I am told that I have to rest then I get really restless and think of all the projects I could be doing. Thanks for the great ideas again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...