Thursday, July 26, 2012

Stash Bash ~ July 26, 2012.

This week's edition of Stash Bash includes projects from already existing stash and some brand new yarn that I just bought. I don't tend to have an abundance of yarn in the house, so I ordered a bit of yarn a few weeks ago to enhance my diminishing stash. I had plans to make some neat projects before baby arrives, but I don't have the right sized needles. We'll see if I splurge or not. I try to use what I have on hand.

So this week, I have been scurrying to finish up some more projects for the baby. I don't think I have ever made so many things for any of my other babies. Not clothes, anyway. I am just starting to get the hang of it and not leaving the unfinished objects in my knitting baskets.


This is the Offset Wraplan pattern  by Sara Morris and the Shadow Stripes Hat pattern byPatti Pierce Stone. I changed up the bottom part of the sweater by using the "zig-zag welt" pattern from the book Knitting Over The Edge: Unique Ribs, Cords, Appliques, Colors, Nouveau. I snapped this book up from the library at a book sale for $1.00. This is the first time that I have used it for one of my projects and I think I will be using it again. The pattern links above take you to my ravelry pages and have included my notes. Both are free patterns!


This is a baby elf hat for taking newborn pictures. I want to make a cocoon to match if I can get larger needles without breaking the bank. The pattern in the Baby Elf by Ira Rott. I didn't attach the braided part with a tassel. I liked the way it turned out without the longer piece. I can't wait to get a few snapshots with my little one in this hat.

So that's all for today. I have done a little bit of sewing, too. I will share that in another post. Go take a look at Tricia's blog to see what others have been doing to bash some stash.

God Bless friends,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...