Thursday, July 26, 2012

Needle & Thread ~ June 26th, 2012

needle and thREAD

Earlier this week, I was busy trying to do some last minute sewing for baby and me. I made some sucking/drool pads for my Ergo baby carrier. I know that it won't be getting much use for the first while, but I wanted to be prepared. This carrier is going on it's third baby and is nearly 7 years old. It is still in great shape, but I don't like to wash it very often. These pads should come in handy. I got the pattern from LuBird Baby. I used the same fabric as I used for this project.


I also whipped up a dozen post-partum mama pads to add to my stash. I drew up my own pattern and used the sewing method described in this post. There is so much information out there on homemade cloth pads. I react to Always and other synthetic pads. I already have some pads that I made using this pattern and I love them. I had left over diaper making supplies and made mine with using a top layer of bamboo french terry, an absorbant layer of zorb, another absorbant layer of cotton quilt batting, and a layer of flannel. The bottom pad is made from 2 layers of cotton print with a hidden layer of PUL. I hope that they are as comfortable and absorbant as they feel. I also sewed up the little bag that is in the basket. It hold my diva cup, some tampons and pregnancy tests. I didn't realize how many I had until I put them in there. In case you want or need to buy pregnancy tests, buy them in bulk here. They are way cheaper than the ones you find at the pharmacy and are just as accurate.


I am still reading my way through Embracing Motherhoodby Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle as well as reading tidbits here and there in my pregancy and birth books. In truth, I haven't been reading much because it puts me to sleep (which is not hard when you are pregnant). I also have been very busy knitting things for the baby.

Please don't forget to stop by Elizabeth's blog to see what other's have been sewing and reading for this week's installment of Needle & Thread.
God Bless and have a wonderful Feast of Sts. Joachim and Anne,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...