Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Afternoon Daybook

Outside my window...
...it is scorching hot. We are not used to this here. We had such a rainy and cold spring.

 I am thinking...
...about all of the things that I want to get done before the baby arrives. My mind is circling about and it is truly exhausting.

I am thankful for...
...a bedroom in the basement, especially on these really hot days.

...another wonderful weekend.

...fans.

From the lesson plans...
...nothing really. It is too hot to think. As soon as it cools down, I hope to plug in some more lessons plans on homeschool tracker. I am curious to see how that works out actually. Do you use homeschool tracker or another program.

 From the kitchen...
...leftovers. I also really want to make up another batch of Labour Ade. I have a recipe from the midwives and it is supposed to be good for labour, but I froze it into ice cubes and have been sipping it with club soda. I think I should let them know that it is also great for heartburn.

 I am wearing...
...my black capris and a t-shirt. I was wearing a skirt.

I am creating...
...knitted nursing pads. I know that it is summer, but I love my woolen nursing pads. I just can't afford to buy any. I have one pair and a bunch of cotton ones from past pregnancies. I really prefer the woolen ones at the beginning.
 
...a quilt for both Patrick and the baby. I still have to quilt and bind the baby's, but Patrick's just needs to be bound. I started binding it, but it is just to hot to continue. Who can bind a quilt that lays on your laps during a heat wave?
 
...a pair of woolen soakers for the baby. I hope to knit another pair as soon as I have a few pairs of nursing pads whipped up.

 I am planning...
...a home birth. I still need to make up a birth plan and get a few more things ready. I still have a few weeks to get on that.

I am reading...
...bits and pieces of pregnancy and baby books. I have a book from the library that I want to start and another waiting for me on hold. I will have to get motivated though. I tend to fall asleep when I start to read.

 I am hoping...
...that the weather cools a bit.

I am hearing...
...the kids playing with legos.

Around the house...
...diapers need to be folded and stacked on the shelf. I got the bathroom cleaned. That is quite a task when you have a tiny bath and are huge pregnant. I used a spray that I found on pinterest. I didn't have to scrub, so that was great. I did however have to take a towel and cover my face while spraying. That stuff is strong.

I am going...
...to try to rest and relax more. I tend to try to do too much and get easily frustrated.

I am praying for...
...my baby that he stays put until the 25th of this month and for a beautiful homebirth.
...my godmother who is still mourning the loss of my godfather.
...Patrick's godparents who are awaiting their 7th.
...my husband to get promoted to permanent full-time instead of temporary full-time.

For the rest of the week...
...a midwife appointment on Wednesday.


A quote for the day...

"I wish I could lose myself and never find myself except in God!" ~ St. John Vianney

A picture thought...

Two of my boys celebrated a birthday on Saturday.

I hope you are staying cool and have a wonderful week. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...