Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy Canada Day Weekend!

I can't believe that today is already July 1st. Today is Canada's 145th Birthday. Happy Birthday CANADA!!!

One of the best parts of Canada is the long weekend that it entails. This is the first Canada Day long weekend, since our first five years ago that Sascha hasn't had to work. We have been thoroughly enjoying his company.

So far this weekend...
  • my husband has renovated the home office/sewing room
  • we made frozen yogurt popsicles
  • set up the kiddie pool
  • made mud pies
  • made a very successful trip to the thrift store
  • relaxed and sipped cool drinks in the backyard
  • started watching Downton Abbey that we just got from the library
  • I finally finished binding a little doll quilt for Maria
  • made a few hexagons for another quilt
  • bought fabric to make newborn pants and boys shorts
  • prepared lots and lots of yummy and healthy meals together as a family

THE RENOVATION
Patrick Coloring During the Renovaion
My Sewing Area
The Computer Area & Sewing Area
My Fabric and Art Storage
Ironing Station and Evtl. Design Wall
Storage Closet with More Supplies

 THE FROZEN YOGURT POPSICLES



THE KIDDIE POOL

photo courtesy of Noah & his new camera

FROM THE THRIFT STORE
Oh, look at all of the vintage lace and other sewing notions. We bought so much more, but I didn't photograph it all.

We had so much fun at the thrift store. We all got new to us bed sheets, 11 Walt Disney VHS tapes, two board games: a vintage shopping game and Frogger with DVD and mat (phys. ed), a telephone table for our entrance (a diy painting project evtl.), two little wall quilts that adorn my new office/sewing room walls and a maternity bathing suit, plus the lovelies above. I think we got a lot of neat stuff. The bathing suit is the ticket to us spending some time at the beach. I can't wait.

I hope you are all having a lovely Canada Day weekend!!! 

God Bless friends,



1 comment:

  1. Oh, your organized spaces call to me about the fact that I could really sue some further dedication to our hoem environmen. They look beautiful and are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...