Thursday, June 28, 2012

Needle & Thread - June 28th, 2012

My to-do list is so long, but I have been working hard at accomplishing the most important tasks. With baby #5 due in 7 weeks, I have to hussel a little.  This week though, I was fortunate enough to get a few items checked off of my list.
  • make a car seat cover
  • make a prayer intention book cover
  • make a birthday gift for a birthday boy
  • clean our the closet and hutch in the office/sewing room
  • buy some small cloth diapers and get them washed and ready for baby
  • order and start to get homebirth supplies ready (ie. faucet adaptor, protective sheets for under the pool, pads and various other things on my midwives' list)
  • bind a wall hanging
I will share pictures of the items that I have sewn.

Car Seat Cover using this pattern. I still need to wipe down the car seat and wash the padding, but that will have to wait until I get around to it.


Prayer Intention Book Cover. This is acutally a cheep photo album that I bought on sale a long time ago after seeing this idea on pinterest. It is supposed to be a prayer book for the children. I have started to gather photos of people and families that we want to remember in our prayer intentions. The digital age has made this a little more tedious. I don't have many hard copies of the people I want to include. I have to order some prints to add. BUT, at least the cover is done. It was a white wedding album with a little shadow box with a gown and tux in it. I initially thought they would be easy to remove, but I was wrong, hence the cover.

A Baby Bib using this pattern. I whipped it up out of the scraps that I had left over from making the car seat cover. The original isn't pieced, but none of my scraps were big enough. It is backed with some fleece that I had laying around.

I will share a picture of the wall hanging once I have it hanging. I just bound it, but didn't add the hanging sleeve yet. I am in no rush because I have no where to hang it yet. My sweet 'painter' husband has offered to paint the office/sewing room this coming long weekend. I will try to get it done after that. I am excited to have a pretty space for my creative endeavors even if I will soon be taking a babymoon break.

As far the reading part of my needle and thread post is concerned, I have a confession to make. I haven't been reading much lately. I spend every waking moment preparing for the baby or spending time outdoors with the kids. When I open a book, it puts me to sleep instantly. I guess that is all part of being pregnant.

I also did some sewing that wasn't on my to-do list yesterday and it includes a tutorial. Take a look if you have time.

Go and see the other needle and thread entries for this week over at Elizabeth's blog

God Bless and thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty items, Tina Marie! I especially like the bib. How exciting! Praying for a smooth birth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a list!!! My sewing skills are very limited! You're AWESOME!!! Take care of yourself the next few weeks! I'll be praying for you! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...