Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bug Identification

Oh excitement! Having a garden also means knowing your enemies. In truth, I don't know one bug from another except for the obvious ones likes ants, bees and  house-flies. Today, Noah had a rare specimen crawl up his jacket sleeve. It looks like this:


Courtesy of BugGuide.net


This specimen is actually rare. It is a Limenitis archippus - Viceroy and as a butterfly, it looks very similar to a monarch except for a black stripe that is on its back. So today's specimen is a good guy and will be released. If I am wrong, which I hope not.... I don't want to be chasing bugs out of my garden all summer.

Have a great rest of the day friends,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...