Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Versatile Blog Award

A few weeks, Eva from Untrodden Paths for awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. I want to thank her and appologize for not posting sooner. She is a homeschooling German Catholic blogger who inspires me to try to be more bilingual with my own kids.


I have never won a blogger award and was very delighted to be counted amoung others as a versatile blogger. I often just blog from the heart and am tickled to receive comments and feel very blessed that someone has taken the time to read my blog.

Now it is my turn to nominate and award 15 blogs that I read or follow with the versatile blog award.

I nominate the following blogs in no particular order for  The Versatile Blogger Award:
  1. Lord, Make Me a Saint.
  2. Cheerios Do Fly!!! 
  3. Cherished Hearts at Home
  4. Patch O' Dirt Farm 
  5. Small Things 
  6. Totus Tuus Family & Catholic Homeschool
  7. Waltzing Matilda 
  8. Forever, For Always, No Matter What 
  9. In Pursuit of Sanctity... and a little bit of sanity 
  10. Crafolic
  11. My Little Flower
  12. Trinity Acres
  13. Counting Coconuts
  14. Pondered In My Heart
  15. retromummy
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
  • Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
  • Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
  • Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
  • Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
  • Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So I will tell you seven things that you may not know about me.
  1. I am a very shy person.
  2. I love to make up riddles. I admit that they are very bad, but they make my kids laugh. (ie. What did one berry say to the other berry? --- I'm stuck, I think I'm in a jam.) I warned you that I am not good at it.
  3. Honey is my favourite sweetener. I love it on bread with butter or in my tea.
  4. I miss Germany. I miss my friends and some very special places. I miss teaching ESL and I especially miss walking on the Rhein pathways and picnicing in the Rheinaue. Some days I wake up and wish I could go for a walk there. I would if it weren't so far away.
  5. I hate driving. I have my license, but am glad, very glad that we only have one vehicle. I prefer to be a passenger. My heart races when I am behind the wheel. I have never had an accident and plan on keeping it that way.
  6. I detest cooking alone. I am a bit of a foodie and like to make nice meals, but I only enjoy it if I am not alone in the kitchen. I love helpers and choppers and stirrers and dish washers. I love cracking jokes and doing Swedish Chef impressions or to comentate Food Network style.
  7. I got the nickname "Tina Tyson" in grade 7. I got the awful nickname after punching a grade 8 guy in the nose, on the busride home for trying to grab my chest. In case you don't know, I was the only girl in a house with five boys and had nothing to grab.
So now, you know me a little better, but please don't judge me. I am a quirkly person for sure. Don't forget to visit the blogs that I have nominated, if you don't already visit them on a regular basis.

God Bless friends,

7 comments:

  1. Tina Marie, congratulations on winning this award, and thank you kindly for passing this lovely award on to me!! I enjoyed reading about you in the seven things section, and will enjoy checking out the other blogs you named.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina Marie! What a well deserved honor you have been given! And I'm very blessed to have you pass this honor to me! Thank you!! Our timing is off since I'm taking a blogging break, but I look forward to passing this award along in the upcoming month. Well, my tea break is over, back to cleaning I go. Thank you again!! And may God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about missing the Rhein and the Rheinaue! I studied for many years at the University of Bonn (I was even born in Bonn). Thanks for accepting the award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, congratulations and thank you for even considering my blog! By the way, I also have some German roots, so we have something in common! I will try to post very soon and pay the award forward :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for choosing my blog to share the award! Your blog is a cheery, lovely sight and 'versatile' indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tina Marie for this nomination. Wowee! I also have never before been nominated and that is so sweet that you thought of me! Go bless you,Mary @ CHeerios

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading your blog post. It has been a few weeks now I also received the versatile blogger award.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...