Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Reflecting on Pentecost

I know it is already Wednesday, but I felt compelled by the Holy Spirit to share. I know the many blogs that I follow posted lovely pictures of Pentecost cakes or cupcakes and I posted nothing. That is because I didn't even think about baking a cake or making something special. I need to get my act together, I know. I hope to get a binder put together with liturgical ideas according to month and season before the baby comes.

Our Pentecost was a quiet day. We went to Mass and then my sweet husband made brunch. He always makes brunch on Sundays.  We had a lovely roast chicken with potatoes and peas for supper. Then we managed to get everything cleaned up, kids off to bed and had a very special date night.

Without taking the feast of Pentecost into consideration, hubby built a bonfire. We have a fire pit in our backyard. We also happened to have a bit of scrap lumber and leftover firewood from last year.  We sat by the fire with drinks (I had almond milk and hubby had a coffee) and talked. With the babyphone stationed outdoors, we relaxed. We talked about old times, relatives that we miss and had a lot of good laughs. It wasn't  until later that it donned on me that it was still Pentecost. We had a fire on the feast of Pentecost. Everything went perfectly, no loud neighbours, no raucous kids that wouldn't sleep, no wind. It was perfect. That date night was the most precious gift from the Holy Spirit and I will cherish it forever.

"Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And You shall renew the face of the earth."
God Bless friends,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...