Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Yarn Along ~ April 18th

Today's yarn along was a quickie project. I started and finished on one day. Do you sometimes need to do a quick project to feel like you actually accomplished something? I do. I am trying to hone my crochet skills without using a lot of yarn.

I made a covered wooden hanger using the dottie angel pattern. I followed her directions, but only ended up with 12 shells instead of 13. I am not a great crocheter, but I thought I counted right. I used a size bigger hook because I crochet and knit very tight, so it worked out to my surprise.


I am reading a lot of shorter books right now. I don't get much time to curl up with a book these days. I am either reading the daily reading in Small Steps for Catholic Momsor Prayerfully Expecting: A Nine-Month Novena for Mothers to Beor any number of gardening books. One book that is a constant on my night stand is The Rosary: Keeping Company with Jesus and Mary. I find this little companion essential in keeping me focused on why I should pray the rosary. It prompts me gently to take Our Lady's beads and pray. I prayed the Rosary a lot until I miscarried in 2009. I prayed Rosary after Rosary that day and I still miscarried. I couldn't pray the rosary by myself for a very long time. This book has brought me back to the Rosary and am very blessed to have it.


To see what others are Yarning Along and reading, visit Ginny's blog. And if you so fancy, take a look at our other blog Dolly's Cedar Chest. We have been busy sewing and quilting things this week. You don't want to miss it.


Have a great day, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...