Saturday, April 14, 2012

More Indoor Gardening

It snowed again. It is a bit depressing, since the weather guy predicted nice weather for the weekend, last weekend.  I was looking forward to be out building more raised beds in anticipation for our upcoming gardening season. I guess I am learning more about patience. This was our backyard the other day.


The snow has since melted, but it continues to snow off and on. Snow is in the forcast for the next few days, too.

So, to pass some time and keep Patrick out of trouble, we transplanted some of our seedlings. The sugar squash has grown quite large, so too have some of the tomatoes and melons. This is our first year using those handy little peat pellets. They are worth their money, especially if you can't get them on sale. They are definitely something we will buy again.

Patrick did a great job of keeping me on my toes while transplanting. He was in charge of flooding watering the newly transplanted seedlings. He also did some thinning of the plants. All in all, he did a great job for a bouncy two year old.




Gardening with kids is fun and interesting, especially with the littlest ones. I hope they survive their transplantation (my fingers are crossed). I just hope that the snow goes away soon.

If you have a moment, please stop by our new crafty blog, Dolly's Cedar Chest. We have only one post so far, but plan on being busy making things for the blog. This blog is where we will showcase our handywork and hopefully add some tutorials soon. If you feel so inclined. Please grab our button and spread the word. One of my regulary readers will be receiving a special item from us, from our studio (as if we have a real studio), but I hope I can get it out of the house this week.

Have a great Divine Mercy Sunday, my friends. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...