Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Greetings

ALLELUIA!

John 3:16-17
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him.

I am terrible at posting during holidays. I get so busy with the family that I neglect the blog. We had a wonderful Easter. We went to our old parish for Good Friday and Easter Sunday.  It was great to see our old friends and wish the Easter greetings.

Our holidays our always 'just us.' We have no extended family within 1000's of miles of here. We tend to be very informal. Hubby asked for a simple meal, so we didn't make the ham as planned. Our traditions don't include hiding Easter eggs. I never hunted them as a child, so I never really hid eggs for our kids. I just got the baskets ready with Sascha the night before and placed them in front of our prayer table.

The only pictures that I got on Easter are pj pictures before Mass and ones in play clothes after Mass. We have a rule in our house that the church clothes are taken off as soon as you get home from church. So, I don't have a picture of the kids all dressed up. These will have to suffice...





On Saturday, we coloured some eggs. I used hot water, food colouring and vinegar and they somehow turned out somewhat speckled.


My dear husband bought me a bouquet of flowers, since there are none to be had out of our own garden. I love flowers and these are simple and pretty. My husband knows my taste. Gotta love him for that.

We spent some time in the backyard and enjoyed the beautiful sunny weather. It was a wonderful day filled with a beautiful Mass, greetings from friends, laughter and good simple food. God has been so good to us. My sadness from Good Friday, through the grace of God is gone. I am filled with hope and looking forward to the rest of spring and summer.

I hope that you and your families had a wonderful and holy Easter! Blessings and warmest wishes from our family to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...