Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yarn Along - March 14th Edition

This is my first time joining in on the yarn along. I have had good intentions in the past to join in, but life always happened or the items I was working on were gifts. Anyhow, I am posting today. I have two projects on the go:


The first is a wooly cover for my cloth diapers. It is in size newborn. I haven't finished the leg cuffs on purpose. Next Friday, I have my ultrasound and if I find out if the baby is a girl, I will finish the cuffs in fuschia. You can find the pattern here. I am using Wool of the Andes worsted yarn.

I am also working on a cardigan for my two year old. I am using a pattern called Super-Natural Stripes that I found on Ravelry. Again, I am using Wool of the Andes worsted yarn. I am making mistakes, but hopefully no one will notice. I tend to knit and get distracted quite often. After taking off the arm stitches, I am supposed to have 118 sts. I only have 111sts. Oh well, nobody will notice I hope. I love the earth tones, but I feel that the cardigan looks a little like my kid is a child of a vegan or vegetarian, crunchy woman. I couldn't be a vegan, but I am a bit cruchy. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing agains vegans or vegetarians. I just see people walking into the health food store wearing a semblance of this cardi every time I go in.


I am reading a whole bunch of gardening books, but the one book that I can't seem to set down is Organized Simplicity. I like the way the author describes a "simple life" or "living simply". I love that she encourages the reader to define their definition of "living simply." I have been trying to define what "living simply" means for our family. That is a whole other post. I am thoroughly enjoying it and hope to implement some of the ideas as they apply to our family.

So that has been my maiden "Yarn Along" post. Please follow the following link and join Ginny and the others in the "Yarn Along".

God Bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...