|Owen wanted this picture posted. He wants you to know that he found the first ladybug of the year.|
For this quilt, I used the following:
- Windham quilt material from the explorations line bought at Fabricland
- quilting fabric I bought from Fabricland
- two pillow cases that we no longer use
- muslin that was dyed at the Waldorf kindergarten my kiddos attended in Germany
- various pieces of broadcloth leftover from other projects
- red sheet that I had bought to make a cape out of (for the binding)
- double sized sheet I don't have a bed for (backing)
- buttons purchased at Wal-mart years ago to use for crafting
- thread out of my stash
I machine pieced the squares together. I did not quilt this quilt at all really. It is a button-tied quilt. I got the idea out of a book from the library. I unfortunately can't remember the name of the book. I made a matching pillowcase using the instructions from this website. If you sew and especially if you sew pillowcases, this is the tutorial to follow. The pillowcase uses some of the same fabrics and the red trim is from that old red sheet.
For this week's Stash Bash, visit Tricia at Crunchy Catholic Momma.
God Bless my dear friends,