Thursday, March 29, 2012

Stash Bash - March 29th

Today's stash bash could have been posted a long time ago. It was a Christmas gift for Owen. He had been bugging me for a quilt of his own for a long, long time. I just hadn't gotten to it, you see. Everyone else but Owen and mom and dad have quilts. So before Christmas, I decided to whip up a quick quilt. I didn't have money for new material so I broke into my stash, my linen closet and button collection searching for all kinds of useable material for this quilt. The only thing I went out to buy was the batting and I got that on sale.
Owen wanted this picture posted. He wants you to know that he found the first ladybug of the year.



For this quilt, I used the following:
  •  Windham quilt material from the explorations line bought at Fabricland
  • quilting fabric I bought from Fabricland
  • two pillow cases that we no longer use
  • muslin that was dyed at the Waldorf kindergarten my kiddos attended in Germany
  • various pieces of broadcloth leftover from other projects
  • red sheet that I had bought to make a cape out of (for the binding)
  • double sized sheet I don't have a bed for (backing)
  • buttons purchased at Wal-mart years ago to use for crafting
  • thread out of my stash
I machine pieced the squares together. I did not quilt this quilt at all really. It is a button-tied quilt. I got the idea out of a book from the library. I unfortunately can't remember the name of the book. I made a matching pillowcase using the instructions from this website. If you sew and especially if you sew pillowcases, this is the tutorial to follow. The pillowcase uses some of the same fabrics and the red trim is from that old red sheet.



For this week's Stash Bash, visit Tricia at Crunchy Catholic Momma.

God Bless my dear friends,

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. I have been meaning to do the same for my boys with stash fabric but haven't gotten there yet. Great job. I'm sure he loves it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...