Monday, January 23, 2012

Daybook ~ The First This Year

Outside my window...

... a mild 2C (36F). A welcome compared to last weeks high temps of
-35C (-31F).

I am thinking...

...about how little I have blogged lately. I haven't even blogged about Christmas, my birthday or New Years! Oh well, I still can blog about that stuff, I suppose.

I am thankful for....

...prayers for our baby

...long distance phone calls with close friends and family

...my husband and kids who have been making me take it easy so I can grow a baby.

From the lesson plans...

...Maria continues to work through all of the Little House books. She is still on the first one, but she is nearly finished.

...Noah is writing, writing, writing. He had his first writing lesson with a local published author, Lois Donovan. The public library is offering this course, every second Sunday, for FREE!

...Owen is working on learning to read and subtraction.

From the kitchen...

...I have no clue what to make for dinner. It is karate night, so it will be something quick with chicken. Any ideas?

I am wearing...

...nothing inspirational, track pants and a long-sleeved tee. The perfect outfit for curling up somewhere and snoozing for a bit.

I am creating...

...nothing really. I have a winter hat for hubby started and I started crocheting a few cupcakes for Patrick's upcoming birthday (he loves playing in the play kitchen), but haven't finished either. I am exhausted most of the time and can't find the energy or enthusiasm needed to complete anything.

I am reading...

... Pride and Prejudice on my Kobo touch. I have watched several movie versions, but must admit that I have never read the book. I am proudly plugging away at it.

I am hoping...

... to hear baby's heartbeat at my midwife appointment tomorrow afternoon.

I am hearing...

...the kids quietly creating something in the kitchen. I think they are drawing and making homemade books. Patrick is sleeping. Yay! When it is this quiet, I should be napping.

Around the house...

... a new dishwasher in the living room. Hook-up is super complicated (it shouldn't be, but we have the wrong sized hook up and the shut-off valve to the dishwasher is busted. So the dishwasher will be housed in the living room until our plumber friend can squeeze us in.

... getting ready for our new basement window. The concrete cutter is coming on Thursday, so our bedroom needs to be cleared out. I don't want drywall dust in and on everything. Yes, you read right! We live in the basement of our bungalow. There is no legal fire exit, so our window will provide us with an escape in the case of a fire.

I am going...

... to an appointment tomorrow. Other than that, I get to stay at home while hubby plays taxi driver to karate, swimming lessons and dentist appointments.

One of my favorite things...

... is planning for a new baby's arrival. I love spending extra special evenings with hubby before the new baby comes. Planning the nursery, washing baby clothes, buying some new stuff and going on lots of outings with the other kids before the arrival, to make up for the stress of having a new baby.

I am praying for...

...my children, my husband, and of course, the baby.

...an end to abortion

...our priests and all religious, especially my personal friends who are in the seminary.

Plans for the rest of the week...

... staying caught up with the laundry

... getting ready for the window

... hopefully having a nap or two

A picture thought...
It almost looks like he is actually reading. The funny thing is that the book is in German.

Happy Monday everyone and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...