Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday



"A time to remember to be thankful. A pause in the week for praise, thanksgiving and thinking positively, in addition to the normal daily praise we need to give God."


I have so much to be thankful for, but I often find myself getting bogged down by the insignificant details of life. Today I am going to make the time to be thankful.

This week, I am especially thankful for:

♥ positive pregnancy tests. Yes, tests. I buy mine here. I am also thankful that you can buy a whole bunch for the price of one test at the drugstore.
♥ a due date on a Marian Feast Day - The Assumption
♥ a blessing from our Priest for a good pregancy
♥ friends new and old, near and far.
♥ being able to find a battery for my kitchen scale, locally. The scale was a gift and I was devastated that I couldn't find a battery for it. (A long story).
♥ Oma's generosity. The family has received some great gifts from Amazon.de Family movies and books that we will cherish for years to come.
♥ My Godmother's generosity. She sent money that we used to order this, this, this, this and this. We are thankful that they have already arrived.
♥ Pinterest and great gift ideas.
♥ my Cricut, a gift from my husband. I used it to make a special gift for him based on this idea.
♥ Christmas decorations
♥ a gem of a Christmas tree that only cost $20 and part of the proceeds go to the local foodbank.
♥ Christmas cards that arrive nearly daily (I got your card Jamie Jo).
♥ hubby's new job. I am so thankful for this. He works less hours for about the same take-home pay as he had at his old job working many more hours. Thankful that he has every second Friday off and doesn't work Saturdays, Sundays or Holidays anymore!!!!
♥ kids that don't mind making lunch and watching Patrick, while mommy cleans the house. (Homemade Pizza - Noah made the dough and Owen cut up tomatoes, green onions and red peppers. They worked together without fighting. Definitely thankful for that!)
♥ grain free recipes. I can't wait to finally bake some cookies with the kids (now that my scale has a battery).
♥ Christmas music from the library. I love to hear the kids pick out their favourites. Who knew that Noah liked country Christmas music? and Johnny Cash?
♥ so much more, but I have to get back to real life.

What are you thankful for this week? Please share.

God Bless and warmest wishes from my home to yours,

1 comment:

  1. Very nice "Thankful Thursday"!!Thankful for you good friend, and your precious prayers, thank you so much!Thank you also for the beautiful St Gianna prayer card and pamphlet,and book marks for thekiddos...you are so good to us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...