Monday, December 19, 2011

An Early Christmas & Birthday Present

I mentioned in an earlier post that I got some Christmas and birthday money. I was really excited because this year, unlike other years, I had something I wanted to spend it on. I'll get to that in a moment. First, I want to tell you the funny story.

I saw a pin on Pinterest about crockpot recipes a few weeks ago. This pin advertised recipes that didn't use cans of this and that, but rather recipes using real food. Since I can't eat most cans of this and that because of gluten intollerance, I pinned and checked out the claims. I landed on the blog "Large Family Logistics." After looking at a few recipes, I started reading more articles on the blog and was intrigued by one in particular. It mentioned the T-Tapp workout and near the end it talked about Charlotte Siems. I had to check that out, too. (Isn't it awful that once you start clicking, you can continue clicking unendlessly.)

Charlotte Siems is a mom of 12 and she homeschools. She T-Tapped her way from a size 22 down to a size 6. Ok, this seemed unbelievable, but the more I read and watched (she's on Youtube, the more I became a believer that I have a chance at getting in shape.
[vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/17457479 w=400&h=225]

My T-Tapp Journey from Charlotte on Vimeo.

I mentioned recently that we are expecting again. I quickly checked to see if T-tapp was safe during pregnancy. My last few pregnancies were terrible for me physically. I had difficulty walking from about 14 weeks onward and couldn't walk without pain. I had terrible edema. My husband took a picture of my feet for a reminder of how I never want to look again. Anyway, to make a point, T-tapp is safe and healthy for pregnant women (they say you should contact your Dr. first). Women have started T-Tapp during pregnancy and lost inches and had much easier births and complications. T-Tapp must be a great thing, I thought.

Now, although I am not a size 22, I am a lot bigger than before I had children. I weighed 52kg when I said "I do". That is about 115 lbs. I presently weigh about 150 lbs. I haven't been happen about my size for a long time. I was down to 143 lbs before I miscarried and gained steadily since. I have heard stress can make you gain. I want to be fit and a bit skinnier wouldn't hurt. I am not dumb, I am pregnant, so I know that I will gain and get bigger. The last pregnancy I ended up at over 200lbs (I stopped weighing myself) and felt like a blimp. I am only 5'4" and that is unacceptable considering that I started at about 150 lbs.

I did start going to the gym for a while and loved it. I lost some pounds and inches, felt much fitter and was much healthier, but then we bought our house. We moved away from that gym, so I quit my membership. I started losing that toned shape, but wasn't motivated to do my Jillian Michaels workout. I hated it. I did it for a month once and never lost any weight. I was always sore and grumpy. So, I quit.

So now, shortly before the new year I am starting a new fitness regime. Anyone want to try it with me. You can try before you buy (like I did). I loved doing the hoe downs (once I got coordinated enough). You don't have to be coordinated, believe I am not. I just got confused a bit until I got the hang of it. The hoe downs are great for bringing down blood sugar levels. Typ II Diabetes runs in the family. Try them, they're fun.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsURicKB_G8&w=420&h=315]

So are you convinced? I am and that is why I bought the Fit and Fabulous in 15 Minutes book and I bought the Basic Workout Plus workout video. I started my bootcamp yesterday. After two days, I feel energized already. I sit and stand straighter, too.

I am hoping and praying that I continue to be pregnant and that if it is God's will, give birth to a beautiful baby after a healthy pregnancy. I just need to find a caregiver. My midwives are full and can't take me on as a client. So far, no other midwives have room for me. I don't even have a family doctor, let alone an OB-Gyn. I am still praying that one of the midwives I called will change her mind and take me on as a client. How can you have a hospital birth after a home-waterbirth? God knows, so I trust.

God Bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...