Tuesday, November 8, 2011

St. Martin's Day Lapbook

Friday November 11th marks the feast day of Saint Martin of Tours. Having lived in Germany for almost 9 years, I celebrated a number of times with my friends there. My dear friend Michaela introduced me to this feast when Noah was just over a year old. She convinced me that I should make Noah a lantern and come with her to a few parades. Since then our love of Saint Martin's Day has grown.

I remember making lanterns each year with the children and going on little parades after dark and singing St. Martin songs. At the end, we warmed ourselves up at the "Martinsfeuer" a huge bonfire and ate Weckmaenner.

In honour of good Saint Martin, I am sharing a lapbook that I made to commemorate his feast day this Friday. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

First you need to make an F3 folder. I learned how to make these from the lovely folks at thatresourcesite. I wanted to make them as an F3 folder so that my kids can put them in their portfolios for their facilitator to see.

When you have made your double F3 folder, you need to print out all of the pages. Please let me know if you want these files. Email me and I will send you the files. I am having difficulty posting them on scribd. They totally re-format themselves and I can't figure out why.

This is what the finished lapbook / F3 folder looks like...
Front Cover
First Inside Fold
This includes a story about Saint Martin, a flip-up folder, a timeline of St. Martin's Life and a map of the time.
Second Inside Folder
This page includes popular Saint Martin songs. You can listen to these songs here. I also have these songs in German for those interested. There is an acrostic poem flip flap book where you can write your own acrostic poem about Saint Martin. There is a prayer card and a pocket, a recipe for yummy Weckmaenner, a picture of Weckmaenner and card with information about Saint Martin.

Most of the images are available free on various German websites about Saint Martin. I hope that I didn't breech any copywrites. I will try to get these files available online if possible. I wish I had a clue about posting files online. It always worked before without a hitch.

God Bless and don't forget to email me if you want these files. Thanks.


Update: I have uploaded the files on 4Share
Saint Martin of Tours - this file has the majority of the lapbook pieces
Saint Martin's Story - a booklet that needs to be printed in landscape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...