Monday, November 14, 2011

Daybook ~ November 14, 2011

Outside My Window it is dark and frosty. It smells like snow.

I am Listening to silence. The children are all sleeping, but one and that one is reading quietly in her room.

I am Wearing pj's as usual on a Monday morning.

I am so Grateful to be able to sew, knit, crochet, embroider etc. These things come easily to me. They have saved us so much money, but more importantly, they have created smiles and the warmest hugs.

I'm Pondering “Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.”
― Cornelia Funke, Inkheart

I am Thinking that I should never have begun watching the film version of books before reading the books themselves. I have cheated myself beyond belief. I knew that, I was just stupid.

I am Creating more Christmas gifts. I made this for my oldest, this for my daughter and I am making this for my 6 year old and for daddy.

I am learning that I can get a lot done if I spend a LOT less time on the computer. I knew that, but it is always good to remind oneself of accomplishments that happen when you avoid temptations.

To live the liturgy I am going to print out Lacy's Mass booklets and start trying to memorize the changes in the liturgy.

Towards a Real Education we are making this Canadian History week. We are studying Courage and Conquest this year and put it on hold because we didn't have the DVD "Canada: A People's History". We finally got the dvd from the library (it was placed on hold two months ago and we only got it now) and have it for only a week.

Towards Rhythm and Beauty I am trying to make an effort to make a better schedule for the littlest one.

I am Hoping and Praying that this nasty cold goes away and most importantly that it doesn't get passed around.

Around the House blankets. There is nothing better than cuddling up under warm cosy blankets, especially when you are feeling under the weather. I love that when I am wrapped in a blanket, I am magnetic to any child with a book.

From the Kitchen: for breakfast - banana bread; lunch - leftover roast beef and potatoes with salad; dinner - pumpkin sweet potato soup

One of My Favorite Things are books. I am reading Honey for a Child's Heart by Gladys Hunt. It is a book about books. I have always loved books, but Gladys had reminded me why I love books so much. I have this book on loan from the library, but I think I might need to buy a copy of my own.

On the Calendar this week we have no plans. I need to get better, then I can make plans.

Worth a Thousand Words My little guy hugging his baby brother's Christmas present for the camera. We love waldorf dolls. They are so cuddly and innocent. I made this one and hope that my littlest will stop stealing his sister's dolls love it for a long time.

God Bless you and yours this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...