Friday, October 28, 2011

Yay It's Friday!

I can't believe it is Friday. I never really get excited for Fridays because my dearest hubby always has to work on Saturday, sometimes Sunday and usually every holiday Monday. That has changed! Thanks be to God!

My husband started his new job this week. He was offered a job with the local public school board to work as a full-time painter a few months ago. But since this is a government job, there was a police check, union stuff and red tape to work through. We thought that he was never going to get the phone call that he can start. It was a real test of patience. He was previously employed by a company that made him work weekends, even Sundays and stat holidays. Needless to say, that we haven't had a weekend together in... I can't remember how long. The last eight or so months he began working two shifts a day a couple of days a week. He left the house before we woke up and didn't come home until 10:30pm. It was hard and I cried and pouted a lot. I don't think I need to mention how happy we are that he is working 40 hours a week, no work on WEEKENDS, no work on SUNDAYS, no work on HOLIDAYS! He earns a little more, so his paycheck will be about the same as before with all of the crazy hours. It is so nice having a relaxed man come home at night. No office politics (yes, even painters have office politics), no phonecalls, no worrying where or if he is working tomorrow. A huge load has been lifted off his shoulders. My husband is my hero. He perservered through the toughest of situations on many occassions during our 12 year marriage. It amazes me the amount of sacrifices he makes in order that I can be a stay-at-home mom and a homeschool mom. Praise God, Alleluia!

So, I feel that I have to step it up at home and be the best mom and wife there is. So now for two weeks running, I have been menu planning. It has been tough at times, but prayer and helping hands have been my saving grace. I have mentioned in previous posts that we are gluten intolerant, meaning we don't tolerate any grains. I am going to share with you are menu plan for this coming week:

Monday:
B - pumpkin bread & smoothies
L - cucumber-tomato-basil salad with oven roasted potatoes
D - roast beef and vegetable soup

Tuesday:
B - Irish soda bread & smoothies
L - roasted apple,parsnips & sweet potatoes with salad
D - primal chicken wings, roasted potatoes, spinach salad

Wednesday:
B - pumpkin bread & smoothies
L - tuscan bean salad, gluten-free bread, hard-boiled eggs
D - pork loin & turkey sausage casserole

Thursday:
B - gluten-free bran muffins & smoothies
L - two-potato salad, veggies & dip
D - pumpkin-sweet potato soup

Friday:
B - banana bread & smoothies
L - leftovers, eggs and salad
D - fish with tomato-basil sauce & baked potatoes

Saturday:
B - gluten-free bran muffins & smoothies
L - daddy's chili
D - daddy's chili

Sunday:
B - almond apple pancakes & fruit salad
L - klassische frikadellen, rosemary potatoes & salad
D - roast chicken, mashed potatoes, asparagus & salad

It looks like a lot and sometimes it is. Breakfast is made the night before, except Sunday's breakfast. I am looking for quick and simple recipes all of the time and also for ways of making my meal prep quicker and easier. I have a binder with my favourite recipes all organized by type of food, so meal planning is quick and easy. I also have a helper during meal prep, so it isn't so bad. So I am signing off and wishing you all a wonderful weekend. Enjoy all of your All Saint's parties and be safe.

God Bless and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...