Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thriftstore Finds

Living Simple doesn't always mean living without. We love thrift stores and are amazed at what we always find there. We find a lot of books and recently bought the Lord of the Rings triology, some Boxcar Children, Little House books amoung others. We are also amazed at the number of Catholic finds we have thrifted.

Painting of The Road to Emmaus
Statue of Our Lady
Crucifix from Lourdes
Rosa Mystica picture

These are just a few of the things that we have thrifted over the past few years. Some of the other thrifted Catholic items didn't photograph very well. You can have beautiful things, even on a shoestring budget. These things are a constant reminder of who I live for and why I am here. You don't NEED religious art or statues, but having them around reminds me constantly that God is everywhere. It also helps me pray even when I don't have time. I look at a statue or holy picture and offer up what I am doing or I remember that I must make a better effort to get down on my knees.

One thing that amazes my husband and I, is the amount of holy articles that are given to thrift stores. Everytime we go to the thrift store there is either a picture, statue, crucifix or plaque that has landed on their shelves. Do you thrift holy art and statues? I would love to hear about what you have found.

Thanks for stopping by and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...