Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday Musings ~ October 31st

Outside My Window the sun is shining. After a sciff of snow this morning, it actually looks inviting.

I am Listening to the kids playing Gospel Champions on the laptop.

I am Wearing sweatpants and t-shirt. I worked out this morning. Mia and I got a kids aerobic video from the library for homeschool phys. ed.
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZm5CqftzrA&w=420&h=315]

I am so Grateful for coffee. Can I be grateful for coffee? I mentioned that I am thankful for it in last weeks post. Grateful, you ask. Well, it reminds me of the few minutes of quiet solitude that my husband I and enjoy together everyday when he gets home from work. Without the coffee, could we really expect the kids to let us just sit down together for a few minutes without bothering us? Coffee gets cold and you must enjoy it hot. Those few quiet moments of coffee in one hand and hubby's hand in the other are something to be truly grateful for.

I'm Pondering how many more snowless days there will be until next spring. Normally we have a foot or so by now. I don't want to rush it or anything, I was just pondering.

I am Thinking that I should get ready for cold and flu season. I need to stock the tea cupboard and make sure I have common remedies on hand.

I am Creating Christmas gifts. We are trying to do a homemade Christmas, so I have my work cut out for me. So far I have finished a cable-knit hat, a pair of doll pants, started two other knit hats and crocheted half of a ball. I have so many ideas, but need to actually channel the energies into production mode instead of using all of my energy for brainstorming.

I am learning that I need to get more exercise. I am a young thirty-something, but feel and exercise like an old lady.

To live the liturgy watch saints movies, play some All Saints games, pray the St. Gertrude Prayer for souls and start planning November Feast days.

Towards a Real Education read, play, create in whatever order feels natural.

Towards Rhythm and Beauty make breakfasts the night before! I haven't for a few days now and that always equals less cuddle time in the morning.

I am Hoping and Praying to get pregnant again. I would love to have a few more kids before I turn 40.

Around the House finish sorting through the kids clothes. I am almost done. I already donated a bunch, took some to the consignment store and organized most of what was left. I found an ikea bag's worth of too small baby and kids' clothes in the cellar after I purged it on Friday.

From the Kitchen a coffee with whipped cream for hubby and me when he gets home. Other than that, lots of warm meals (see Friday's post).

On my iPod: music from L'Angelus. I love their style, lyrics, everything.
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg0IFP6ORkY&w=420&h=315]

One of My Favorite Things whipped cream. Yumm. I will eat this on or in almost anything.

On the Calendar for the Week nothing so far. My little guy, Owen is sick with a stomach bug, so we will be taking it easy.

Worth a Thousand Words
Upon seeing this picture on Pinterest, my six year old runs to his older sibblings saying, "There are nuns muscling on mom's computer!"
God Bless and thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...